PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond

netbuster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond car stereo problems

Hello

This is my first post here and the same as I have put up on xda-developers as well. I have tried a few more adjustments to the registry after my post at xda-developers but nothing that worked. In this forum I have seen that guys with newer Nissan cars also has the same problem.
I have a TouchDiamond with most recent ROM, WinMobile 6.1. Becker Cascade 4.0 and distorted sound. Same mobile worked with my former Becker Indianapolis 6.0 and as alot of others have testified - other phones work with the Cascade 4.0

Have got some help from HTC but that hasn't worked yet. Tested JetWare which might do some tricks with BlueTooth, but not so. Changed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Bluetooth \\SYS\\COD to be 5374476, no luck with that.

Have contacted Becker as well and they replied:

The identical problem is well-known to us from the model Samsung SGH-D900. This mobile phone supports only A2DP. A2DP is not supported by our systems. Our devices support excluding HFP (Hands Free Profiles) because A2DP is not necessary for acquitting. A2DP - Advanced audio distribution profile is meant for the transmission from audio signals in stereo quality in one direction to hear music.

HTC commented that Samsung SGH-D900 is quite old and doesn't even have Windows and that the TouchDiamond supports both A2DP as well as HFP. The very nice and helpfull guy I have been in contact with at HTC has limitations as to what he can say when it comes to hacks but does anyone think that disabling A2DP might work. If so how to do that. I can see all the different profiles in the Registry, but then I need help. What about the Widcom stack? Also found this tip somewhere: "the right way is, to change the bluetooth stack on the HTC devices. there are some parameters between mobile and bluetooth called EHR and this parameters are wrong. maybe by HTC configuration or Becker" Can someone explain what that is?
All the best
Stefan

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond