PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyway to have screen rotate for text and emails?

I've seen Gyrator 2 and that looks like a solution, but it also looks like there are some issues with battery drain and other weird occurances. I'm a Touch Pro owner, but i bought 2 diamonds for a friend and his wife to flash to cricket for them. I'd like to have their phones where text and emails will rotate for easier typing. I'm just afraid that if i use gyrator 2 they are gunna be bugging me with a bunch of issues. I barely have enough time to deal with my own chit, much less someone elses so a simple solution would be nice. Anyone??
Old 07-08-2009, 05:31 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Anyway to have screen rotate for text and emails?

i use flipit

set exclusions for tmail.xe
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Threadstarter

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Could you post up the cab file by chance?
Old 07-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

I use HTCHOME2 and it comes with a rotate screen function that works fine for everything I've tried including texts and emails. I like it much better than all the fancy swiping interfaces. I don't know to use it except from their today screen plugin though. you can download it at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42150

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 07-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My vote is for ChangeScreen

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

dalastone is keeping up the good workdalastone is keeping up the good work

i'd also say give changescreen a try. it's really good, and simple to use.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Well, I set my camera button on my Vogue so when I press it quick it rotates the screen and when I press and hold then the camera comes up. This way you don't have to install another app and take up space.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Alltel branded)
Carrier: Verizon

hedphurst is a n00b

If you go to Settings.Personal.Buttons, you can set the long-press action of the Send Call button to rotate the screen. That way you don't have to have the G-Sensor active at all times just to be able to rotate the screen for an email every now and then.

The G-Sensor is cool and fun to play with, but other than apps that are built specifically to take advantage of it, I find it's more trouble than it's worth during normal day-to-day use. Setting the call button to rotate the screen on a long-press is more efficient for me, and sounds like a simple answer to your question as well...
Old 07-09-2009, 09:42 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

not a bad solution with the long press send key, but I'm a big fan of ms voice command.

it's too bad change screen couldn't go on the long press end key

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond