PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
how to handle wm6.5 text freeze

so almost anyone using any build of any 6.5 rom has probably had the confounded text freeze, when you send a txt message and you cant exit out of the text screen for a minute or two. some say turn power off and back on, but that works maybe 25% of the time. Here's what I have been doing that seems to be working. All ideas on better handlings and maybe even a fix would be appreciated, although no chefs seem to know what the exact cause of this thing is, its still present in the 23001 build:

after you send a text message, hit ok on the top right, then DO NOT hit the X or click on another message thread for about 3 seconds or so, just chill for 3 seconds. THEN go ahead and close out the screen or select another thread. This has been working 100% of the time for me, I hope it helps. I don't know why or how, but it seems to work with no problems or freezes.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

onehitter is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: how to handle wm6.5 text freeze

i have been on Groovrom5 for the past couple of weeks and have not had this problem...his newest one is fast and very stable.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehitter View Post
i have been on Groovrom5 for the past couple of weeks and have not had this problem...his newest one is fast and very stable.

Agreed.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

ill check it out
Old 07-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehitter View Post

been using groove5 all morning, it does the text freeze just like every other 6.5 rom, maybe I just have more saved txt threads. I don't even need them so I may just not restore my txt messages on my next pimbackup, let you guys know if that fixes it. I'm gonna go back to DaReeseBoy's 23001, It's the best 6.5 rom I've used so far.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:47 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I don't save my text messages beyond a day.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I don't save my text messages beyond a day.

and I'm guessing you dont get txt freeze on 6.5 either?

do you manually delete the threads or is there a "delete after one day" settings?

edit: isnt mightrom a 6.1 anyways? so were you doing this with 6.5?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:16 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I just manually deleted it. And I was on MightyROM5 Beta for a while but I encountered a bug with Windows Media Player and sound not working after a while if I got several text message notifications. But it was mostly stable, yet I wanted stability so I went back to 4 Final.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

armorforsleep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to armorforsleep

This happens when you have tons of texts in your inbox or deleted items...empty those out and it doesn't happen.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Threadstarter

yeah i noticed, but if I want to keep all of my archived txt messages there should be a fix, the processor isnt that slow is it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond