PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 05:02 AM
Lurker

igorokk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Build differences

Hi,

I recently started flashing and am currently running an optimised 6.1 stock ROM with the build number 20764.

Now I noticed there are some builds which seem to be quite far ahead like #21051 and for 6.5 even #21820. This is quite a difference, at least in numeric terms and I would usually assume there were some major changes respectively important fixes.

Is this true? Would it be generally recommended to upgrade to at least #21051 (for 6.1)?

Thank you.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Build differences

21501 is the last build of WM 6.1 and then they started doing builds of 6.5. 23000 is the lastest I think (I could be off a digit or two).
Old 07-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

igorokk is a n00b

Thanks, so 21501 is actually the last build of 6.1 or just the most recent? In the former case I'd assume 6.1 isnt actively developed or maintained anymore but only 6.5 respectively 7.

If you are running #20764 would it be generally recommended to upgrade to #21501 at least (after all there'd be 736 builds in between), or better (then 6.5 probably), for fixes or new features or wouldnt it really matter?

Thanks again.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

21051 isnt the last 6.1 just the most recent like u said.

to answer your question of whether you should update, find a 21051 rom and see if you like it. but remember just because it has a higher number doesnt necesarily mean its superior
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

igorokk is a n00b

Is there any information available about what changed between the builds?

Primarily I'd be after for a build with noticeable improved performance as I am a bit missing a more fluid/responsive UI at times. So I was hoping a newer build/ROM would maybe feature this (either because of being a newer build or included/better drivers), but those newer builds/ROMs (6.1 as well 6.5) I tried havent yet brought real improvements. Might it be simply a general issue with the current HTC phones?
Old 07-03-2009, 03:51 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

igorokk is a n00b

Nobody else having a comment whether an upgrade would be recommended?
Old 07-03-2009, 04:05 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorokk View Post
Nobody else having a comment whether an upgrade would be recommended?
I recommend that you go and flash 7 different roms over the course of a week -- one rom per day. Do 3 or 4 wm 6.1 roms and 3 or 4 wm 6.5 roms, and decide for yourself.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:46 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

id say stick with the newest builds
Old 07-03-2009, 05:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

igorokk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I recommend that you go and flash 7 different roms over the course of a week -- one rom per day. Do 3 or 4 wm 6.1 roms and 3 or 4 wm 6.5 roms, and decide for yourself.
Thanks, I am aware that I could go the trial and error way . I already tried a couple of ROMs and so far none has impressed me compared to the stock ROM.

But generally I am rather for the information whether the mentioned builds - which are at least numerically quite ahead - come with important fixes or better performance or whatever, which justifies an upgrade without question.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:09 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

MightyROM4 is quite nice this time of year. It loves to go for walks in the park and play the occassional game of Solitare and Teeter.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond