PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

dalastone is keeping up the good workdalastone is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bluetooth issues sprint diamond

I am hoping someone might know if this issue is fixable...my diamond has the latest sprint/htc rom. my bluetooth seems to be crashing. now i cannot turn on bluetooth. if i go to settings, communications, turn on bt, it will not start (no icons in the taskbar). now when i soft reset, under the settings, the bluetooth is on, but still no icons. none of my headsets will work. if i try to "add new headset" it'll keep searching, then spit out the error, "error: there is a problem with the bluetooth hardware" ive trid hard reseting, no luck. i remeoved the battery then turned the phone on, and the icon was back, it connected fine and played a little music then stiopped, icons were still in the taskbar. i first noticed something was wrong because my battery wouldn't even last a day, appartenlty the bluetooth is still running just with no icons and will not connect at all. sorry for the long post, but i wondering if this indeed sounds like a hardwar issue or a rom issue?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:06 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Re: bluetooth issues sprint diamond

An interesting issue you've run into.

I suggest that you re-flash the sprint update from the HTC web site. This will ensure that the entire package is re-installed. What I am wondering if perhaps the radio update didn't take or has somehow gotten corrupted. A long shot, but worth a try to re-flash.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then you're looking at a hardware issue of some type.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalastone View Post
I am hoping someone might know if this issue is fixable...my diamond has the latest sprint/htc rom. my bluetooth seems to be crashing. now i cannot turn on bluetooth. if i go to settings, communications, turn on bt, it will not start (no icons in the taskbar). now when i soft reset, under the settings, the bluetooth is on, but still no icons. none of my headsets will work. if i try to "add new headset" it'll keep searching, then spit out the error, "error: there is a problem with the bluetooth hardware" ive trid hard reseting, no luck. i remeoved the battery then turned the phone on, and the icon was back, it connected fine and played a little music then stiopped, icons were still in the taskbar. i first noticed something was wrong because my battery wouldn't even last a day, appartenlty the bluetooth is still running just with no icons and will not connect at all. sorry for the long post, but i wondering if this indeed sounds like a hardwar issue or a rom issue?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
An interesting issue you've run into.

I suggest that you re-flash the sprint update from the HTC web site. This will ensure that the entire package is re-installed. What I am wondering if perhaps the radio update didn't take or has somehow gotten corrupted. A long shot, but worth a try to re-flash.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then you're looking at a hardware issue of some type.

Best regards,
-boggsie
THANKS for that idea! the re-flash worked! i didn't even think to try that! i can now turn it on/off, and it connects just fine! thank again!
Old 06-27-2009, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well, guess it is looking like it may be something else...bluetooht quit working again. tried to start it back up in settings, nothing. then after a soft reset, still no icons, but it is "on" in settings, yet, no icons, nothing connects. when try to "add a headset" it errors out with " problem with bluetooth hardware"....guess it is a hardware failure afterall
Old 06-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sounds like time for TEP replacement....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond