PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MF'n Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

thisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Today Screen Plugins: TF3D or Titanium

I'm running TF3D on my Diamond using Juicy's 7 ROM, and just like all the rest of the ROMs, TF3D is a bit laggy. I'm coming using a Touch that had the HHC as the today plugin, and that thing was super fast, not very impressive in looks, but super fast. How does Titanium match up to the speed of these. Anyone runnning HHC on their Diamonds, if this is even possible?

Thanks!

Juicy 7 090530 ROM

Feel free to buy me a beer if my work has helped you out.

Sprint Touch Cube Configuration Tool

Old 06-25-2009, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Re: Today Screen Plugins: TF3D or Titanium

you can install the old wm6.1 today plugins also.
But I'm not sure if all work 100% with wm6.5
But just install the plugin you want, and go to start>settings>today
and check whatever plugin you want and press ok.

About titanium, it's the only plugin I use right now,
I might use tf3d2 once they work out some more bugs
or even if they package it in ONE bundle/download.

But I love titanium, it's very easy to manipulate skins,
and to make your own panels.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

I still prefer TF3D > Titanium.

Titanium is nice but TF3D has everything I want, and titanium is not there yet... maybe it will be eventually.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyinoc View Post
I'm running TF3D on my Diamond using Juicy's 7 ROM, and just like all the rest of the ROMs, TF3D is a bit laggy. I'm coming using a Touch that had the HHC as the today plugin, and that thing was super fast, not very impressive in looks, but super fast. How does Titanium match up to the speed of these. Anyone runnning HHC on their Diamonds, if this is even possible?

Thanks!
You should have titanium on Juicy 7 since it's WM6.5 (21725). You can try it out for yourself and see how you like it. All you need to do is go to settings->today->items->uncheck TF3D and check Windows Default. You can probably install an app like SecondToday to switch by pressing a soft key between the 2.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
I still prefer TF3D > Titanium.

Titanium is nice but TF3D has everything I want, and titanium is not there yet... maybe it will be eventually.
Have a look here, I think you will be surprise. TITANIUM all the way, I'll never go back to TF3D. It was a very interface.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=511052
Old 06-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

SPB is great as well
Old 06-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

I'm running grooverom5 with HTCHOME2, which is the closest I've gotten to the old HTC Home today screen. There is also a version of HHC that runs with vga, but HTCHOME2 seems to run the cleanest, although the graphics aren't as sharp, but with my eyes, it doesn't really matter. Here are the two threads that I've found that include the best HTC home today screen options. It seems I'm the only one in the diamond forum that feels this way, the TP forum is much more active on this subject.
again, I've had the best luck with HTCHOME2 from this thread.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42150
this one has HHC support, but I have problems with screen rotation, search for my questions about this.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51801
I used to use BigHTChome, it's graphics were better, but it had the rotate problem as well.

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond