PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lost contacts please help

i backed up my contacts using pimbackup, flashed a new rom, synced the phone and was looking into the phones files deleting factory pictures and what not, by accident i deleted the pim file containing the contacts. the damn thing did not go into the recycling bin on my pc tho, is there any way i can get my contacts back or am i screwed?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: lost contacts please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludacy1 View Post
i backed up my contacts using pimbackup, flashed a new rom, synced the phone and was looking into the phones files deleting factory pictures and what not, by accident i deleted the pim file containing the contacts. the damn thing did not go into the recycling bin on my pc tho, is there any way i can get my contacts back or am i screwed?
If you backed it up on the internal storage, you can try to connect as a usb drive (ie not activesync) and run one of the free file recovery tools for a usb drive. You might be able to recover it if it hasn't been overwritten yet. You can find some tools here, though I haven't personally used any of them. Also, you might want to check out microsofts myphone for future backups. They are stored on MS's server and you just log in using myphone to restore them after a flash.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludacy1 View Post

If you sync with outlook you can get it back.

Something called Wizcode Undelete might help too, try googling that.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

ludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

tried wizcode got alot of stuff back i think maybe even my contacts file but when i tryed to use pimbackup it said the file cannot be used, i did a soft reset, and even tho its still on my internal storage when i run pimbackup it wont even recongnize it as a file when i go to restore
Old 06-25-2009, 02:47 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try opening the file manually and getting it off of there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond