PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

abspade is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New OS for Diamond ?!?!

I had to replace my touch diamond after going for a swim. I loved the original. But now I have this new Operating System that sprint has on here. One of the many issues is that While Texting, if someone texts me multiple times, and I go to that screen, (in thread mode), it doesn't mark all messages as read, even after I reply. The old phone would do that. Anyone have a quick fix for this?

My phone also has this new "slide to answer" function (i presume stolen from the iphone).

Please help! Thanks!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:19 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: New OS for Diamond ?!?!

flash a custom rom. there are tutorials in the devices forum

Old 06-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

abspade is a n00b

The ROM version i have is 2.00.651.7

Do you or anyone know of a specific ROM to fix that, and have a link to it?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by abspade View Post
The ROM version i have is 2.00.651.7

Do you or anyone know of a specific ROM to fix that, and have a link to it?
I would listen to Hibby and flash a custom rom. If you really want to return to the older Sprint shipped rom that you had on your previous phone, here's a link ...

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Users/..._1.44_Ship.exe
Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

abspade is a n00b

where are the directions to flash a custom rom? And what exactly does that mean? also, thanks for the link.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:33 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I'll try my best to help you. I say follow what this thread here in this link says in order to unlock and flash a ROM into your phone: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062 should be easy and yup hit thanks if you think this was useful and I'll try my best to help you more just send me a private message or reply here.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:36 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

abspade is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by philluvzashley View Post
I'll try my best to help you. I say follow what this thread here in this link says in order to unlock and flash a ROM into your phone: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062 should be easy and yup hit thanks if you think this was useful and I'll try my best to help you more just send me a private message or reply here.

thanks a ton! I'll read up and let you know if i need anything, this link seems to be everything i needed!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:40 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I'm glad that was what you needed.I learned from there as well, Oh yeah an your welcome :]
Old 06-24-2009, 06:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Good ol Sprint has 4G now

mrheineken08 is becoming a great contributor

dude what u need to do is get into your registry with diamond tweak and advanced config you can fix that without all of the hassle... you guys tell him to flash like yur sellin him crack or heroin or something
Old 06-24-2009, 09:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung I8000L
Carrier: Bell

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrheineken08 View Post
dude what u need to do is get into your registry with diamond tweak and advanced config you can fix that without all of the hassle... you guys tell him to flash like yur sellin him crack or heroin or something

I know, why don't we edit his whole registry and then troubleshoot other problems until the cows come home instead of using pim backup and then flashing a 100% working rom... Sounds like he was looking for the old operating system as well. The only crack in this thread is what you've brought.

PPS abspade - if someone helps me I usually try to be polite and hit the "Thank" button on the post that the help came from.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond