PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Beats per minute

I had an idea today. No seriously, stay with me.

It came to me when i was listening to some songs i wanted to mix together. I would really like an app that used the accelerometer to calculate beats per minute when you shake the phone to the beat. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to do. Just throwing it out there. If you don't like it, throw it right back.

Sponsored by Kools.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Beats per minute

Why not stay simple and make a screen tap counter....you tap the screen to the beat and it counts how many taps per minute you have. You could shake it for effect if you wanted to. You could potentially use this program in conjuction with any database type file and put all sorts of parameters to calculate on. I.e. how many people come through a gate in an hour etc.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Threadstarter

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
Why not stay simple and make a screen tap counter....you tap the screen to the beat and it counts how many taps per minute you have. You could shake it for effect if you wanted to. You could potentially use this program in conjuction with any database type file and put all sorts of parameters to calculate on. I.e. how many people come through a gate in an hour etc.
Thats not nearly as fun but yes, the principle idea is still there, so i'd be on board with that too.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just shake while you tap :P
Old 06-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Vogue
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nikefreeek is a n00b

haha or or...just find a program that does it with you
Old 06-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

They do have pedometers....maybe one could make a program that rips the info from a base pedomiter.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:43 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i like the idea and could use this as well to set my cadence (pedaling speed) when cycling...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 06-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

How about a program to simulate a tamborine or a drum or use the touch screen in conjunction and make the ultimate virtual guitar!

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:31 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

they have a pedometer app on xda somewhere

Old 06-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Damn, I thought this was going to be how to decipher the signal from your HRM chest strap to your watch...
that would be cool, but may anoy Polar somewhat.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond