PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: bell

UKNOWINVU2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is the best windows mobile 6.5 ROM for CDMA to use?

I am just about to install a windows mobile 6.5 rom to my CDMA phone, from a mighty rom, and i was wondering what is the best one, who can recomend a really good stable one to show off to friends with iphones how great windows mobile 6.5 is? Some one please help me?
Old 06-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Re: What is the best windows mobile 6.5 ROM for CDMA to use?

juicy

just flash them all and see which fits you best.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

UKNOWINVU2 is a n00b

Thanks bro, i will try the juicy 7!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mwheeler1982 is keeping up the good workmwheeler1982 is keeping up the good work

I had been cooking my own ROMs forever with BuildOS, but I just installed Mighty Rom 5. It's awesome. The link to the thread is here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69551
Old 06-08-2009, 08:55 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

While both of those are excellent choices if you want a WM6.5 ROM that includes Rhodium/Manila/TF3D, there are other ROMs that include just WM6.5/Titanium such as mine, indagrooves grooveROM5/UltraLite/Simple ROM and da_reeseboy's WM6.5 ROM. Each has their own unique "recipe"- I've tried indagroove's and mine (obviously) and would easily recommend either- da_reeseboy's looks excellent as well, but I haven't tried his (but I have used many items from his kitchen).

Old 06-08-2009, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

It's actually been a while since there was a new "what's the best rom" thread. I think we were due.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:33 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

in recommend you flash a few and see what fits your bill the best. i prefer mystery's rom and grooves 6.5 rom. bear-bonz is good also, but like i said, its all about what you want your rom to contain seasoning wise (i.e programs, tweaks, ect)
Old 06-08-2009, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

quazimodem is keeping up the good workquazimodem is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKNOWINVU2 View Post
I am just about to install a windows mobile 6.5 rom to my CDMA phone, from a mighty rom, and i was wondering what is the best one, who can recomend a really good stable one to show off to friends with iphones how great windows mobile 6.5 is? Some one please help me?
I think a lot of ppl here can chime in with all kinds of recommendations on ROMs to load to impress your friends, especially the people who have iphones.

Truth be told... there is no comparison because it's like comparing apples and oranges, they are simply different from one another. People try to compare PCs vs Macs... it's the same old debate.

If you want to impress people, especially the iphone lewsers, you need to impress them by showing off the flexibility of a WinMo device. I have a friend who has an iphone that can basically do everything my touch pro can do in terms of functionality. But I put his iphone to shame when I show him how I can basically make/customize my touch pro to look however I want and work however way I want. Emulate an iphone? Load a iphone theme. Then change it and show 'em TouchFlo 3D, demo that... change it again and show off MobileShell 3.... change it again and load up PointUI, etc etc.

Bottom line is, if you wanna demo your touch pro and put them to shame, you gotta have at least a good number of Today Screen UI loaded to show it off, some cool apps that rival or beat the apps on the iphone, and show 'em some games like Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars... that's always good eye candy.

What I also do is throw on some emulators like SNES, genesis, or MAME stuff. Or better yet... get ScummVM and load up some classic LucasArts talkie games. Guaranteed, it'll make you feel like you have the better phone. ))
Old 06-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

UKNOWINVU2 is a n00b

Hey quazie, thank you for your advice, i will definetlu try out some of those apps / emulators.
I have juicy 7 installed right now and here are the things i dont like.
-no weather widget in winmo 6.5 theme
-winmo 6.5 internet widget is locked on internet explorer, cant change to opera
-the alarm screen that appears when you select the flip clock in TF3D is brilliant, but in winmo6.5 when you select the time its the old crappy winmo 6.1 alarm screen which is not touh friendly
-winmo 6.5 does not show next alarm on home screen or time widget
Old 06-09-2009, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

CharlyDigital is just getting started

I am down with Bonz but ya you should def flash until you find one that fits your steez.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond