PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

neo3d is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best HTC Touch Camera Settings

I noticed halo'ing artifacts from oversharpening by the Touch when I zoomed in at 100% so I tested out diff camera settings. I think the best settings are:

Sharpness +1
Saturation +5

Definitely an improvement over the default setting. Samples attached.

Feel free to add your own testing & comparison shots with different setting combinations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_003 - default.jpg (718.4 KB, 118 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_006 - sharp +1 & sat +5.jpg (782.0 KB, 108 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

neo3d is a n00b
Re: Best HTC Touch Camera Settings

Also, if u r really anal about quality, you can drill out the clear plastic circle on the back cover of the phone.

Since it's plastic, start w/the smallest bit you have, like around the diameter of a toothpick if u got one. Then, work your way up.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo3d View Post
Also, if u r really anal about quality, you can drill out the clear plastic circle on the back cover of the phone.

is this to widen the angle od the available light into the lense or is it simply to remove the plastic that could be distorting the image?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex jb View Post
is this to widen the angle od the available light into the lense or is it simply to remove the plastic that could be distorting the image?
It will probably accomplisg both. Since the light has to pass through plastic, you lose some of the light. Also, if you take your phone out in a really humid area, condensation will appear on the lens cover. Drilling a hole will remove any light distortion coused by the plastic bending the light and also allow more light in.

just my 2/5 of a nickel.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Or, you could do what i do.... Just pop the back off, snap the pic, then pop it back on and go about your way. I usually pop it off after i hit the camera button so that by the time the phone is ready so am i.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Officer Android

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Or, you could do what i do.... Just pop the back off, snap the pic, then pop it back on and go about your way. I usually pop it off after i hit the camera button so that by the time the phone is ready so am i.
sounds like quite a pain to me.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
sounds like quite a pain to me.
Not really. and i prefer to have the best possible picture i can. Whats the point in snappin a pic if its blurry, or cloudy, or has a fingerprint on the piece of plastic?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Officer Android

Quote:
Not really. and i prefer to have the best possible picture i can. Whats the point in snappin a pic if its blurry, or cloudy, or has a fingerprint on the piece of plastic?
I suppose thats true. I guess i don't use the camera often enough for me to care either way, though.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
I suppose thats true. I guess i don't use the camera often enough for me to care either way, though.
Im an amateur photographer so i am always snapping pics. and since the diamond actually has a decent camera, i have been taking a lot more pics with my phone. I carry a DSLR around with me, but a lot of times its just easier to snap the pic with the phone, unless i plan on really post processing it, or maybe turning it into an HDR pic...
Old 06-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Officer Android

Quote:
Im an amateur photographer so i am always snapping pics. and since the diamond actually has a decent camera, i have been taking a lot more pics with my phone. I carry a DSLR around with me, but a lot of times its just easier to snap the pic with the phone, unless i plan on really post processing it, or maybe turning it into an HDR pic...
Yeah i do a lot of photography, mostly for art though, so i guess i'm in the camp that believes that a cell phone camera is a utility for things other than serioyus photographs. If i want to really photograph something o nthe go, i clip my Argus Bean to my belt loop for quick pics.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond