PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Does your index function on the right side of contacts not work sometimes?
never seen this happen 3 60.00%
happens on all ppc's 1 20.00%
happens all the time, just be patient 1 20.00%
seen it on occasion, no idea why? 1 20.00%
seen it and I have lots of contacts 2 40.00%
seen it and I don't have lots of contacts 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down contacts index flicker

This might be a winmo problem and not specific to the diamond, so this might get moved, but it's bugged me for a while and I've never seen anybody mention it anywhere, so here goes.

When I go the the contacts screen and have the alphabetical index going down the right hand side, I click on the index letter to quickly take me to that portion of the alphabet. In almost all cases, the first time I do this, it flickers and takes me right to the beginning of the alphabet instead of the letter I selected. On my diamond, it actually flickers like 3 times before leaving me at the front of the alphabet, which for me is &, which is what some of my entries have on couples with no last name. Once I've done it, it usually works the next time, so it seems to be a first run of contacts problem, but since I usually keep my apps closed, it happens almost all the time. I checked on my old HTC touch running 6.1 and it seems to fail pretty reliably on the first run as well, it just doesn't flicker 3 times like on my diamond.

Do other people have this problem? It doesn't seem to do it if I have the other, 3 at a time index, at the top of the screen, but that one beeps if I hit the index bar too quickly, so it maybe just exhibits the problem better. It's possible this is not a problem if I just wait a while before clicking the index letter. Am I just too impatient? Is the contacts manager just really slow at initializing because I have so many contacts? Am I just noticing it more now because the contacts app closes automatically when I x it and on my touch it just stayed open?

I'd really like to know if it's just me, the size of my pim file (over 1000 contacts) or my lack of patience that's causing this. If there's a fix, I'd really love that!

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Last edited by etski; 06-07-2009 at 05:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work
Re: contacts index flicker

Bump
Old 06-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: contacts index flicker

i had this happen once. but i think the reason why is because i did it very fast when the phone was still loading my contacts. i have 105 contacts

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond