PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Roaming question

I have searched the forum, but cannot find an answer. I have Sprint and am close to Canada. When I am near the border my phone goes into roaming, this happens when I am downtown Detroit. I can't tell if I am roaming to another network like AT&T or Verison ( I get free roaming to those) or to Canada where it will cost me money. I can turn off roaming but then I lose access to the other US phone networks that don't cost anything.

Anyone know?
Old 06-04-2009, 03:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Roaming question

if u live in an area close to canada, sprint might have a specific plan for that coverage, but if u dont, ur gona incur a roaming charge if u make or recv a call...but data roaming is covered with ur data plan.

***prices may vary. plans subject to change*** yada, yada, yada....call CS to get details
Old 06-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond
Threadstarter

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
if u live in an area close to canada, sprint might have a specific plan for that coverage, but if u dont, ur gona incur a roaming charge if u make or recv a call...but data roaming is covered with ur data plan.

***prices may vary. plans subject to change*** yada, yada, yada....call CS to get details

I called Sprint they have a package for U.S. users to call Canada from the U.S. but thats it. I get free roaming but just not "international roaming".
Old 06-04-2009, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher61 View Post
I called Sprint they have a package for U.S. users to call Canada from the U.S. but thats it. I get free roaming but just not "international roaming".
yea...but with data u shud be fine(might wanna check on that, too)..jus making and recvg calls can be.......troublesome
Old 06-04-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: _
Carrier: _

OrBy is keeping up the good workOrBy is keeping up the good work

One way to prevent this is to edit or create a custom PRL based off the curent Sprint PRL that removes the carriers that you don't want to roam on. QPST has a RL (PRL) editor that can be used to do this but as to the method of actually doing it you would have to ask some one else. Once you have done this simply drop the PRL onto your storage, go into ##778# and then update it from the PRL menu and reboot when promted. I have never done this so YMMV.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond