PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
pim.vol Question

i have no other option except for this i saved a pim.vol file under windows mobile 6.1 i deleted my contacts when i upgraded to 6.5 can i just copy and paste that file to the folder it needs to be in?

If i cant do this is there like a desktop program that can extract a pim.vol file so you can view the data??
Old 06-01-2009, 03:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: pim.vol Question

I believe that can be done. For future reference, consider something like Dashwire, MS MyPhone, or a backup app such as SPB Backup or Resco Backup

Old 06-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
I believe that can be done. For future reference, consider something like Dashwire, MS MyPhone, or a backup app such as SPB Backup or Resco Backup
pimbackup is the easiest and most low key. it will backup contacts, agenda, tasks, and even custom folders. plus you can set it on a schedule and forget it. I have used pimbackup since i had an Apache, flawless upgrade to my vogue, flawless upgrade to 6.5 on my vogue, flawless upgrade to my diamond.

im not sure if my memory is as flawless, because i honestly think it's been the same exact program all these years too....
Old 06-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

k9mosk is a n00b

It's possible, look at the "pim.vol" on your phones root directory, and rename to some other name. Next copy paste the pim.vol that has all your info into the same place and soft reset. Once your device turns on it will now allow you to delete the renamed ____.vol

You should be able to view your contacts now.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800
Carrier: revol

protocol2 is a n00b

if you rename the new pim.vol to pimnodata.vol you can replace your backup of pim.vol reboot phone and all your contacts will be there then delete the renamed one it wont let you delete it off jump that's why the rename and reboot. worked on my mogul anyway when I first started fumbling around.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

just use dashwire.... www.dashwire.com and it will restore and update your contacts for you.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:18 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
just use dashwire.... www.dashwire.com and it will restore and update your contacts for you.
While dashwire is a good idea for the future, but right now, I believe the OP is trying recover contacts, which Dashwire won't help them do.

Dropping pim.vol into your windows directly should work, as I have used that method for copying contact information over before.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond