PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 05:33 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internal storage not installed?

I decided to format my internal storage went to Start/settings/system/clear storage-format internal storage only and it says Mass storage cannot be accessed. Now when I go to Start/Settings/Memory/Storage Card is says Total Storage Card Memory: Not installed

Am I screwed?!
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.

Last edited by Big D5; 05-31-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Internal storage not installed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
I decided to format my internal storage went to Start/settings/system/clear storage-format internal storage only and it says Mass storage cannot be accessed. Now when I go to Start/Settings/Memory/Storage Card is says Total Storage Card Memory: Not installed

Am I screwed?!
not at all. this is common unfortunately. there is a way to get it back by establishing active sync connection and remapping the internal storage. im on my phone now so I can't find the thread. also, you can flash the shipped rom and the internal storage should come back.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

boomhower is becoming a great contributor

I had a similar issue. Here is a link to my thread and what solved the issue for me. Link
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:34 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yep, what they said, happens all the time.. either run the hotfix or connect via diskdrive and format (even it it won't open in explorer just right click and quick format with all the defaults.. might seem like its taking forever but it will be fine).

BrennB
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:24 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What I have tried so far I have re flashed the original Sprint ROM when I try to run the Hot Fix it tells me this is not the correct version for my device. I cannot access the internal storage on my PC if I try it just locks my PC up when I Right click I get the spinning cursor forever it doesn't stop. I flashed the ROM I was running when the issue started tried all the above and nothing works. I am now flashing back to the Shipped Sprint ROM and re locking I will need it locked when I take it to the store tomorrow any ways. PPC is now running the Sprint ROM I have tried the Hot Fix still no go says I have the Incorrect version of Hit Fix. Any more ideas?

Last edited by Big D5; 05-31-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
What I have tried so far I have re flashed the original Sprint ROM when I try to run the Hot Fix it tells me this is not the correct version for my device. I cannot access the internal storage on my PC if I try it just locks my PC up when I Right click I get the spinning cursor forever it doesn't stop. I flashed the ROM I was running when the issue started tried all the above and nothing works. I am now flashing back to the Shipped Sprint ROM and re locking I will need it locked when I take it to the store tomorrow any ways. PPC is now running the Sprint ROM I have tried the Hot Fix still no go says I have the Incorrect version of Hit Fix. Any more ideas?
This happened to me a while ago, before Htc offered the hotfix. I called sprint tech support and they walked me through the fix. Obviously not ideal since it you will need to be on the shipped rom and you have to call Sprint but they did fix it for me. Also, i believe the hotfix was made for the original shipped rom. the new one is a maintenance release with the fix already included. If you call sprint, they will more than likely walk you through the process you just tried with your pc but maybe they have a better way of doing this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:14 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Just got off the phone with Sprint I will have my replacement PPC Tuesday or Wednesday thanks for the the help everyone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond