PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

2008speed3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My diamond got ran over!

So i was picking up a jack from my house to bring to my buddies house and set the phone on the bumper of my car like a dumba** and forgot about it. I left got to his house and realized it was gone. I was worried at first but then I realized that I probably just left it in my garage. got to my street on the way home and there it was laying face down on the ground separated from the battery door, stylus, and battery. My heart dropped.... went to pick it up saw that the screen was scratched quite a bit and the battery door was like a pancake.

Now i was worried if it would even work. I powered it on and to my surprise it worked! the touchscreen still worked and most of the scratches rubbed off but many stayed. I took a lighter to my battery door and heated it up and reshaped it so now it stays on a bit better.. This phone is a tank. I love it.

Just thought I would share that with you guys/girls.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: My diamond got ran over!

Sad days... yet it takes a licking... wait wrong product.. LOL
Here's something to help you revisit what you missed..
Attached Files
File Type: zip splat05.zip (55.6 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!

BrennB

Last edited by eenieMINI; 05-27-2009 at 10:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:56 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

wow. hope you got insurance. If you got the money I'd toss that thing and get a new one for $50. or wait...its free if not lost or stolen huh?......
Old 05-28-2009, 06:35 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

some people just sit on there tp and crack the screen, op got lucky
Old 05-28-2009, 07:59 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you were lucky,and so was i one day i was on my way to work and i had to run to catch the train i mean at full speed my diamond came flying out of my case and all i hear is smack as my phone hit the fear came over me i thought i had destroyed my phone i pick it up and theres only one scrach on it .it lives as i put it back together + 1 i luv my diamond=D>
Old 05-28-2009, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mispook08 is a n00b
Talking Re: My diamond got ran over!

Well my wife ran over mine, in the church parking lot no less. Still not sure it was an accident. But, I an happy to say that I experienced the same result...destroyed battery cover (replaced at the sprint store for free), scratch free screen (due to my heavy duty screen protector) and no loss of usability.

I LOVE MY PHONE (until I can get the II). Maybe that's why my wife ran it over.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:55 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

someone should rename this the i have s daimond story thread lol
Old 05-28-2009, 08:42 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by salisburyl View Post
someone should rename this the i have s daimond story thread lol
or even better, "I have a diamond story.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

brklyn is just getting started

Dropped my diamond from from pocket height onto a paved road...the gravel made a few dead spots on the lcd even with screen protector

otherwise though, it has been a tank (dropped it on hard wood, carpet etc.) usually i just put it together. good thing i got TEP this month i guess lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond