PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SComp23 is keeping up the good workSComp23 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down New Diamond Maintenance Update: WTF?

I actually just found out about this update, I need to frequent these boards more often.

Anyhow, from my short experience with it thus far, it sucks. Texting is now a pain in the *** due to the smaller keyboard and the way the keyboard seems to just disappear for no reason. It seems slower. I'm not a huge fan.

Question: Does this update allow the G-Sensor to turn texts and emails in the landscape position, or do we still need a program like gyrator for this?

Does anyone else have problems with the new update? If so, any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work
Re: New Diamond Maintenance Update: WTF?

i have not tried the update cause im one of those that cant get p***** the boot screen when trying to load shipped roms.. however i am really curious, are you saying that when you add the update you are not able to change the keyboard being displayed cant change to full QWERTY mode.. does that drop menu for your touch input settings not appear or what?

Old 05-27-2009, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Mattemer is keeping up the good workMattemer is keeping up the good work

I wasn't aware of this update, and probably wouldn't use it, the ROMs here are probably better than anything it's offering, but am interested in more information... do you have a link or anything? Thanks for sharing!

Old 05-27-2009, 05:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SComp23 View Post
I actually just found out about this update, I need to frequent these boards more often.

Anyhow, from my short experience with it thus far, it sucks. Texting is now a pain in the *** due to the smaller keyboard and the way the keyboard seems to just disappear for no reason. It seems slower. I'm not a huge fan.

Question: Does this update allow the G-Sensor to turn texts and emails in the landscape position, or do we still need a program like gyrator for this?

Thanks!
Not sure where you got this update ... link? Then we can help ...
Old 05-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SComp23 View Post

Thanks!

If you want any kind of help i would suggest using adjectives, and being more descriptive. No one knows what 'update' you are talking about but you...
Old 05-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

fatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good work

do tell more of this mystery update
Old 05-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

this is the same rom upgrade that has been up for at least a month. Here is a thread that discusses our impressions of the differences/changes:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63527
Also there is a "fix" for hte keyboard dropping in and out in text message (should be on that thread) and a link to hte old keyboard (larger) as well as fingerkeyboard (awesome!) for alternatives.

BrennB
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

fatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good work

bleh ......... an update from april ????????
Old 05-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

LOL yeah... the same one in your sig... dang huh?
Old 05-27-2009, 09:42 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
LOL yeah... the same one in your sig... dang huh?
thats funny heehehe

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond