PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel

armus is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch broke, restarting

My old Touch screen went out finally so I broke down and went Diamond but now, I'm basically learning a new phone and what needs to be done to it.

Loaded several ROMs to start but I haven't found anything I really like that wouldn't take a lot of customization. Can anyone shed light on a few things

Application wise, I like OMJ - it's loaded with GPS apps, quickmenu, pretty much everything I use and a lot I wouldn't. So it's too big in places plus I think it's missing battery tweeks cause it seems to eat my power

I was running the stock ship radio 1.03.13F but right now I'm dling the leaked sprint rom to upgrade to 1.11f so I'm hoping that will do a lot for the heat/power.

I also haven';t found a ROM, new or old with what appears to be a working flash player. I can't get Speedtest.net up or even youtube through Opera. is there an upgrade around that I haven't been able to find?

I also have concerns with the apps being a bit out of date and such. One thing I dont' see in the diamond forums is a list of registry tweeks - least I haven't really found them. I know this is going to be a long road to getting the phone like I need - took me like 4 months with the Touch - so if anyone has a nice list of things to do/change I'd appreciate the help

RIP Touch --> Diamond --> Touch Pro2 --> Droid X --> Droid RAZR!

Last edited by armus; 05-27-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: Touch broke, restarting

My suggestion would be, if you have allot of experience, why don't you try downloading PPCKitchen and cooking your own rom with programs and tweaks. It's very easy and then you can get exactly what you want since you haven't been able to find exactly what you want.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i messed around with that once and didnt get it to work. I might not have tried very hard and was thinking of giving it another go. Bit thing is learning of registry tweeks and things that have been discovered since the phone's launch
Old 05-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Medium Hill Rom's

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Depending on when you tried it last it was updated last month and everything seems to be running ok. Definitely give it another go, it definitely sounds like what you should do. Unless your more familiar with DOS and then you might try some of the other kitchens, cuz there are a ton of great kitchens, Calkulin, SSK just to name a couple more.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lol, last time i tried it was about 18 months ago for the touch. i read over the instructions and it sounds like they've streamlined it. I like OMJs really but am concerned there are a bunch of updates I'll need to get
Old 05-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Medium Hill Rom's

Yes, very very easy now. Much Much better!!

I would start with PPCK and just play around for a couple of days and see what you get. If you need any help let me know or there are lots of threads about many different things on PPCK.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

what are people doing on flash players these days. I had one on my touch but noticed they are including what may be a newer version (3.1) on most roms. problem is, I'm getting "need update" on pages when surfing on opera. So it's like my older version was working but the new one isn't
Old 05-27-2009, 04:48 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sent you a pm . Thanks T M Z
Old 05-27-2009, 08:36 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I think by far the easiest kitchen Iv used is calkulins 21046/6.1 kitchen. its really easy.
Iv built several ROMs from it and they always turn out good.
Then you can put whatever you want in there and leave out whatever you dont

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 05-28-2009, 08:14 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+ 1 for ssk kitchen its even easier than calk ive used his before and ssk is alot better .dont have to you put sys files there already there

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond