PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 08:52 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Alltel Data Speeds

Hey guys,
Could some of you Alltel people go to this site from your phone and test your Data speeds.

http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1

Mine has seemed very slow the past few weeks and I was just wondering what everyone else is getting.
Mine is averaging between 100-150 kbps

This is in a revA area with 3 bars
Stock radio 1.03.13F

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS

Last edited by yearn; 05-26-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff
Re: Alltel Data Speeds

depends on radio, so you might want to have that included as well.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue + Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

CenFlo is becoming a great contributor

See sig.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:54 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Threadstarter

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenFlo View Post
See sig.
Is that tethering or directly from phone?
Cause my tethering speeds are always WAY faster than my actual on the phone speeds
Old 05-27-2009, 12:22 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I got 112kb/s but I think that's because the Opera mobile browser is slower to render. I have no clue.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:45 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Hey guys, wanted to bring to your attention in case you missed this thread, might want to check it out.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63811

if you want to skim through it and skip to good stuff check out post 100 and on page 12, post 113 (to know how to enter the data), and post 118. Just installed the tcptune from the first page and followed post 100 instructions along with post 118. so far I have noticed an increase in data speeds but will test out further tomorrow. good luck
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Threadstarter

I tried the Telus Radio but it wasn't any better, still around 100kbps give or take 20.
What I dont understand is these guys that are saying they are getting 500-1500kbps??
My data isnt superfast but Its hard to believe that other Diamonds are getting speeds 5-15 times faster.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
I tried the Telus Radio but it wasn't any better, still around 100kbps give or take 20.
What I dont understand is these guys that are saying they are getting 500-1500kbps??
My data isnt superfast but Its hard to believe that other Diamonds are getting speeds 5-15 times faster.
yes, this makes no sense. Where are you seeing this result. what site? is it
www.dslreports.com/mspeed
Old 05-28-2009, 11:38 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
yes, this makes no sense. Where are you seeing this result. what site? is it
www.dslreports.com/mspeed
Ya, I was testing directly from my phone at that site and the best I could get was about 125 kbps

I went to speedtest.net while tethering and got these speeds, considerably faster but still not over 1mbps

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
Ya, I was testing directly from my phone at that site and the best I could get was about 125 kbps

I went to speedtest.net while tethering and got these speeds, considerably faster but still not over 1mbps

[IMG][/IMG]
weird. I know that when you use opera mobile to conduct the speed test, the result is usually lower than with ie or pie. I honestly think ie6 also gives a lower result than pie but when you run the test from ie/pie, you should still see a better result. if you are sitting in solid rev a area that is. I just ran it from work (ev 3 bars) and doing the 100kb test, got the unstable screen, picked 400Kb, got 788kbit/sec result, then select 1mb test, got 880kbit/sec but it fluctuates from 500 to 1400 at times. I used pie for these test by the way. will try speedtest.net right now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond