PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 05:12 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery dies even while charging

I was on a call and the battery was low so I plugged it into the wall and continued the call and a few minutes later my phone died. I turned it back on and noticed the battery was as low as it could be. I called her back and a few minutes later it died again. This happened over and over for a few times till I gave up talking.

I also noticed this new icon I have never seen before (see pic 1) which kept popping up. Its the clock like icon at the top right. when I click it it shows this message (see pic 2).

Anyone know why my phone uses more battery making a phone call with the screen off then it receives from being plugged into the wall with the OEM charger? Or if the clock icon is in anyway related to my battery problem?

screen.1.jpg

screen.2.jpg
Old 05-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Battery dies even while charging

I dont know anything about the clock, but I would try pulling the battery out for a few mins then charge and see how you do.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The battery may get so low that while talking it may not be able to accept a charge. I know if my battery is critical, and I plug it in while using data, the battery charge input will be less than the juice it is using for data and the pop up will appear stating the phone will shut off in 10 seconds. Also the battery may be hot enough not to accept a charge. As for the clock, I have seen the pop up on mine but have forgotten if the clock icon shows across the top. I will have to take notice next time.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Ummm... Isn't it a phone wide glitch that the phone doesn't charge while on a call?

That was one of the issues raised when the phone was first released.

The diamond doesn't charge while on a call.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My Diamond charges while on a call, I'm pretty sure
Old 05-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

This is a known issue. Your Diamond is charging while plugged in but your discharge rate is greater than the charge rate when you're on call. Just plain sucks, but nothing you can do about it.

About your icon - your ear pushed on to the digital clock and changed it to analog. Just hold the clock down and u can change it back to digital.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Mike is wrong, the7thson is right.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
Mike is wrong, the7thson is right.
Although the7thson will forever be in Mike's debt since he's been running Mike's roms for a long long time
Old 05-25-2009, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

when you say you plugged into the wall are you using the original charger or one of those aftermarket usb chargers.. i was using one of those cheap bastards that would charge my ipod, but when it came to my phone it would say it was charging but would would die about 2 hrs into howard stern (i stream that ridiculously awesome show while im at work) but when i would use my original charger i could listen to howard stern and afterwards kfi tech guy for around 8hrs straight without any issues, and on top of that after unpugging it to head home i would have a fully charge phone..

Old 05-25-2009, 08:05 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It depends on how many milliamps your charger is pulling to your phone. If you are getting above 600mA you should be able to charge it up while on the phone and using it. Most ROMs use no2's fastcharge drivers.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond