PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: cellular south

phonics2 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Genius techy needed!!

Hey all! So I need some help before I pull what hair I have left on my head out lol.

I'm trying to download Windows 7. I started the download yesterday at about 2 pm till this morning on my diamond using opera (EV sucks at my house). I woke up this morning half asleep, half drunk, and half hung over and picked up my phone from it's special best EV reception spot and I'll be damned if the phone didn't slip out of my hand from a minor earthquake aftershock, unplugged the power cord, hit some air turbulence on the way to the ground which popped the back off, and then the battery popped out when it hit the ground and decided to roll around the freaking room

Anyways, I've got about 95% of the file downloaded (1.9 gig). As most people have noticed, if you close Opera it clears the download history, so I can't resume the download in Opera the normal way.

My question is: Is there anyway to resume this download?? Some magical way on opera? Can I transfer it onto my computer and resume the download with some kind of download manager?? Is there anyway possible to resume the download on this file in anyway, shape, form, or fashion?

Or do I have to start this 24 hour download party all over again?

Thanks so much if you have any suggestions!

Old 05-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Genius techy needed!!

You may be able to find a torrent of it online and input what you have downloaded and see if it will finish.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: cellular south
Threadstarter

phonics2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
You may be able to find a torrent of it online and input what you have downloaded and see if it will finish.
Thanks! After a couple of hours of looking, I found a fix and its working so far (dunno if it will courrpt the file or not).

Here it is if anyone else runs into this problem:

This tip will help you to resume a download (especially large size) in the following cases.
  • Accidentally removed transfer from the transfers tab.
  • Closed Opera with an intention to resume download next day but transfer is missing when Opera is started.
  • Resuming download with an another high speed mirror.
The following will work when server allows resuming of broken downloads.
  1. Start download again and save with another name.
  2. Stop transfer after few seconds.
  3. Delete new download file.
  4. Rename old download file with new name.
  5. Resume transfer.
http://operawatch.com/news/2008/10/h...-in-opera.html
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:40 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

nice tip i dont co large downloads on my phone but still nice tip
Old 05-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonics2 View Post
The following will work when server allows resuming of broken downloads.
  1. Start download again and save with another name.
  2. Stop transfer after few seconds.
  3. Delete new download file.
  4. Rename old download file with new name.
  5. Resume transfer.
http://operawatch.com/news/2008/10/h...-in-opera.html

Cool, but i usually just tether an let my Macbook manage the dl.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

xmovingx is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to xmovingx Send a message via Yahoo to xmovingx

you get windows all up and runing??? and you like it?? ( you have to do a clean boot to run this right ) and your talking about windows 7 os for pc???

also i thought it was a time expire software..???
Old 05-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmovingx View Post
you get windows all up and runing??? and you like it?? ( you have to do a clean boot to run this right ) and your talking about windows 7 os for pc???

also i thought it was a time expire software..???

I had it installed on my Macbook through parallels and it was good. Now im trying to get it installed trough bootcamp, and i cant get it going. I think it might be that when i burned the ISO, im not 100% sure its bootable.

It is a time expire, but i believe not for a year. and by then the actual os should have been relased by then.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

<p>yeah windows 7 is bootable but make sure you get the RC build cause that doesnt expire until like june 2010, and that torrent suggestion was an excellent idea.. that how i got an album i was desperate for on a road trip, just hooked my phone to the laptop, opened up utorrent and just started grabbing it that way so if i got disconnected for any reason i could just resume the torrent at any time.. windows 7 is basically vista, but not crappy.. highly recommend it</p>

Last edited by toenail; 05-25-2009 at 07:46 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond