PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: If you are experience problems with flashing a 6.5 rom, who is your carrier?
Alltel 10 14.49%
Sprint 31 44.93%
Telus 17 24.64%
Other carrier 11 15.94%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.5 flashing problems, potential fix and Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bray Matter View Post
History: Started out with MR4.8 initially, then tried MR5 beta (which worked fine). Flashing to shipped first before each ROM of course. Went to shipped, then MR5 release (not beta) and had endless freeze/lock ups.

This finally fixed me up (shipped, R3Born, then MR5)...but not immediately.
Still encountered lockups, particulary in Opera and Comm Manager for whatever reason. I was ready to start the process over yet again...
However, I then installed Diamond Tweak and changed HTC Dialer to WM and also set Opera advanced settings and unchecked plugins, and it hasn't locked up on me since.

Only thing I have not yet had work is Youtube. Would be great if I could get going, though. Tried deleting Youtube folder from Internal Storage and soft reset, but still no luck. Mostly get Cannot play video message. However, at times and only over data (not even wi-fi) I get video but no audio. Not often though.

Any ideas?
Yep, all the things you have done are spot on. changing the htc dialer is a big thing as well as disabling plugins in opera. Opera/Flash are making progress but its still not there yet so why bother with the lockups. the youtube thing is not fixable though. Its a known issue in Mighty5 but it will be fixed in the next release most likely. Glad to hear you are on track.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

bobbenedetti is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.5 flashing problems, potential fix and Poll

I am on Telus and generally have had few problems flashing 6.5 ROMS either over a previous 6.5 build or over shipped.
Groove 5 was a notable exception..I really had to fight with it. As it happened, before I did my first flash I decided it was time to go back to shipped and it hung after the second restart (after customizations) I tried 3 times over a reflash of the shipped ROM, one time I even tried extracting the files from the exe with same result.
On the fourth try I used the exe file and put the phone into bootloader before flashing. This time not even a hiccup.

Go figure

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond