PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: If you are experience problems with flashing a 6.5 rom, who is your carrier?
Alltel 10 14.49%
Sprint 31 44.93%
Telus 17 24.64%
Other carrier 11 15.94%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 11:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telass

akdmks is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.5 flashing problems, potential fix and Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Try flashing your shipped rom first, the Mighty's
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38999

The go one to a 6.5 rom. That was finally worked for me, I took me a lot of tries as well. A F**king piss of it is, good luck

what are ur exact steps that u followed to get it to work im tryin to flash right now to the new m5, i was on stock, wait for tap screen, flashed to r4born, at tap screen flashed to m5, now im gonna test it out!! so what did u do just incase this fails on me again
Old 05-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro
Carrier: Sprint

ssantos1253 is a n00b

the only problem I had was not able to connect to the internet...
Old 05-25-2009, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

boy am i in a pickle (first time using that saying) ever since i loaded the first release of juicy 6.5 rom my diamond has not been the same.. im getting all of those random freezes and resets.. gone through every possible fix and nothing works.. most 6.1 roms will load up but thats when i get all those random freezes and other issues.. that one thing that every fix has pretty much mentions is to load the sprint shipped rom.. that i cannot do, everytime it loads its hangs on boot and the customization is completed and reboots.. not joke, from 2pm till 3 am i did a continuous loop by loading the shipped rom onto my internal storage and just flashing constantly until i got it.. well i never got it.. the entire day consisted of hardresets and loading into the bootloader.. i figured i would get that random "AHHH FINALLY" well the ahh finally never happened so im back using mightys r3born, but of coarse nothing is working like it used to i am constantly getting freezes that i never had in the past.. incase your wondering what steps ive taken all i can really say is just use the search function cause i have tried every possible fix that has worked for someone.. however, they just havent worked for me.. right now my main goal is just to load the shipped sprint rom back onto my device cause i feel that would end all my problems.. but no matter what i try it hangs on bootup.. still searching for solutions.. preciate this thread being created, offers hope

Old 05-25-2009, 08:11 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You gotta use the Rom Update Utility that your carrier gives you and not just the NBH file for the stock shipped ROM because it has extra stuff it seems lik.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toenail View Post
boy am i in a pickle (first time using that saying) ever since i loaded the first release of juicy 6.5 rom my diamond has not been the same.. im getting all of those random freezes and resets.. gone through every possible fix and nothing works.. most 6.1 roms will load up but thats when i get all those random freezes and other issues.. that one thing that every fix has pretty much mentions is to load the sprint shipped rom.. that i cannot do, everytime it loads its hangs on boot and the customization is completed and reboots.. not joke, from 2pm till 3 am i did a continuous loop by loading the shipped rom onto my internal storage and just flashing constantly until i got it.. well i never got it.. the entire day consisted of hardresets and loading into the bootloader.. i figured i would get that random "AHHH FINALLY" well the ahh finally never happened so im back using mightys r3born, but of coarse nothing is working like it used to i am constantly getting freezes that i never had in the past.. incase your wondering what steps ive taken all i can really say is just use the search function cause i have tried every possible fix that has worked for someone.. however, they just havent worked for me.. right now my main goal is just to load the shipped sprint rom back onto my device cause i feel that would end all my problems.. but no matter what i try it hangs on bootup.. still searching for solutions.. preciate this thread being created, offers hope
hey Toenail, well your not alone, there are several people that are getting this problem. I believe you when you say you tried everything. heck, guys like Mitchell and SmokinJoe who definitely have flashed several times in this forum, are also experiencing problems that are unexplained. Just to be sure, did you try Mitchell's suggestion in post 17? this way you get on 6.5 if you want. also, instead of flashing the shipped rom from internal storage, can you try to do it through active sync? Not sure if this will do anything though. good luck and hopefully there will be more good suggestions that come through.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

yeah i did try what post #17 suggests, flash shipped rom and then a 6.5.. done that and have had some success.. however the freezing and contant reboots will not go away, i have not been able to load the sprint shipped rom not once.. have gotten a few 6.5 and even 6.1 roms however its a hit and miss game, sometimes they go p***** the boot screen, sometimes they dont, but they ALWAYS freeze and do the random reboots... and yeah i have flashed both the activesync and from the internal hdd without success.. that update utility was mentioned and theres one thing i have done so im going to search sprints site again and see if i can locate that.. i have cruised the site a few times looking for something like that with no luck.. as always ill keep ya posted cause whatever works for me im sure would help others..
Old 05-25-2009, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

well i checked out that sprint rom update utility from the sprint site and that pretty much directs you to the htc website to download the latest rom update.. well the badnews is yeah tried that one.. ive tried different roms ranging from stock, shipped, and whatever else is out there.. i guess i have one question though.. is it safe to load a shipped rom from other carriers or do i need to stick with sprint downloads? ohh and that badnews i talked about, its just badnews to me cause my phones the one thats jacked up, im sure its just news to whoever else is reading this.. but it does make me sad
Old 05-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toenail View Post
well i checked out that sprint rom update utility from the sprint site and that pretty much directs you to the htc website to download the latest rom update.. well the badnews is yeah tried that one.. ive tried different roms ranging from stock, shipped, and whatever else is out there.. i guess i have one question though.. is it safe to load a shipped rom from other carriers or do i need to stick with sprint downloads? ohh and that badnews i talked about, its just badnews to me cause my phones the one thats jacked up, im sure its just news to whoever else is reading this.. but it does make me sad
Quick question, what radio are you using currently? the sprint radio 1.11.00f or telus 1.04.05v? or which one. Reason I ask is Juicy mentioned in his thread(post 3317) that the telus radio has drivers in it that may cause issues. Very interesting but I figured I would share with you guys as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

im using the sprint radio 1.11.00.. but thanks for the input
Old 05-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond CDMA
Carrier: TELUS

Bray Matter is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Try flashing your shipped rom first, then Mighty's
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38999

The go one to a 6.5 rom. That was finally worked for me, I took me a lot of tries as well. A F**king piss of it is, good luck

History: Started out with MR4.8 initially, then tried MR5 beta (which worked fine). Flashing to shipped first before each ROM of course. Went to shipped, then MR5 release (not beta) and had endless freeze/lock ups.

This finally fixed me up (shipped, R3Born, then MR5)...but not immediately.
Still encountered lockups, particulary in Opera and Comm Manager for whatever reason. I was ready to start the process over yet again...
However, I then installed Diamond Tweak and changed HTC Dialer to WM and also set Opera advanced settings and unchecked plugins, and it hasn't locked up on me since.

Only thing I have not yet had work is Youtube. Would be great if I could get going, though. Tried deleting Youtube folder from Internal Storage and soft reset, but still no luck. Mostly get Cannot play video message. However, at times and only over data (not even wi-fi) I get video but no audio. Not often though.

Any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond