PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

wm_ftw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New CDMA Diamond dies in 12 hours

I have a new Diamond that can't even last a whole day. During this time I have no WiFi or BT use, perhaps 30 minutes of talk, and 1 hour of browsing / music playing. Even my vogue lasted longer than this.

Btw, I am running Sprint's latest stock ROM.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: New CDMA Diamond dies in 12 hours

have you tried all the Battery tweaks? and since youve been around for a while... have you tried a Custom Rom? it does make a dramatic diffrence my friend. imo
Old 05-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

wm_ftw is a n00b

Yes, I have tried almost every ROM, I even built my own with PPCKitchen using the 20976 (or similar) sys ROM, but I just don't like anything. So I put it back to stock this morning. I was using NFSFan's Vogue ROM when I had that phone, and I haven't found any diamond ROM with that kind of stability. All I want is a stock Sprint ROM with all the tweaks built-in and no additional crap.

I know the standard answer to most questions is the "search button", but can you point me to a thread dedicated to battery tweaks or something...
Old 05-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Crisis is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm_ftw View Post
Yes, I have tried almost every ROM, I even built my own with PPCKitchen using the 20976 (or similar) sys ROM, but I just don't like anything. So I put it back to stock this morning. I was using NFSFan's Vogue ROM when I had that phone, and I haven't found any diamond ROM with that kind of stability. All I want is a stock Sprint ROM with all the tweaks built-in and no additional crap.

I know the standard answer to most questions is the "search button", but can you point me to a thread dedicated to battery tweaks or something...
I'd be interested in this also. Preferably tweaks that don't require me to install a custom ROM.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

try oldmanjankens' rom (OMJ)...his is the stock system with all the junk taken out plus all the tweaks. id link you to his thread, but im on my phone. he hasnt updated it in 3 or 4 months so its going to be toward the back in the updates section
Old 05-21-2009, 09:21 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I have a new Diamond that can't even last a whole day. During this time I have no WiFi or BT use, perhaps 30 minutes of talk, and 1 hour of browsing / music playing. Even my vogue lasted longer than this.

Yep, that is about right. In fact you might have gotten more battery life than normal...lol
Old 05-21-2009, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Do you have the new stock radio installed which is 1.11 and not 1.00?I recently got a replacement Sprint Diamond with the updated ROM and Radio and what a HUGE difference it made compared to the previous versions. 40-50% increase in battery life and no soft resets regarding freezing issues. I do periodically get a freeze when I type but it resolves itself in a few seconds without having to soft reset. I used to soft reset approximately 10x a day. I have not added any battery tweaks.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Desire 2.2
Carrier: Telus

CyberBlaster is becoming a great contributor

Signal strength is a big factor, if you using it in a place where you get one bar or no bars at all it drains very fast. For me when I'm in town I get full bars and the battery holds up really well, but when i go home i get 0 to 1 bars and the battery drains sometimes in 2-3 hours.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

when i got my first diamond i had the same complaint. everybody told me to give it a few days to a week. i did and battery life got better. i still had to charge it each night but it did improve. this was on the stock sprint rom with a radio v1.00. since then i have had 3 replacement diamonds in 7 months. each new diamond i get, it takes a few days for the battery to normalize. first day, down to almost nothin within 8 hours, it progressively gets better each day. just try to stick it out for a few days before flashing to another rom. hopefully it will improve.

my favorite rom thus far has been rstg's 6.1 rom with spb mobile shell. it's rock solid, snappy, with a lot of tweaks. but it is pretty loaded. if you are looking for a stock rom try rstg tweaked and loaded clean version found here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54164

don't expect miracles with battery life with this device.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:20 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

12 hours seems normal to me. you could buy a fatter battery off ebay?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond