PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 05:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

mandymariee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to mandymariee Send a message via MSN to mandymariee Send a message via Yahoo to mandymariee
Angry MS Voice Command

Does anyone else think the voice command on the diamond is retarded???!

Half the time it doesn't recognize the person I'm trying to reach and all it keeps saying is PLEASE REPEAT! I think I should be able to program my own contacts into the phone with the voice command. Especially since I have friends with weird names, like Dannale!

And it says on the microsoft website that you can put a nickname on the contact and it will go by that, but the diamond doesnt have a nickname field!

Is there any way to fix this stupid voice command, or a way to download a different one that actually works right?!
Old 05-21-2009, 06:13 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: MS Voice Command

after you put the information in for a contact you can click the arrow at the name and a drop-down comes down and there is a field for nickname.

that, of course, does not fix the voice command. it amy make it easier to use.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 05-21-2009, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: <>

PrO... is a n00b

I feel it sucks on the diamond as well.It doesn't announce the names of the callers and that pisses me off.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:23 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO... View Post
I feel it sucks on the diamond as well.It doesn't announce the names of the callers and that pisses me off.
well you should sock the phone right in the tooth. that'll teach it a lesson...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

mandymariee is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mandymariee Send a message via MSN to mandymariee Send a message via Yahoo to mandymariee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO... View Post
On mine it does, I had to go to settings --> voice command --> phone --> Options --> Check Announce incoming calls ... it plays their personal ringer and says *Call from Whoever*

That's the only thing I like about it, because my mogul didn't do that and my mogul auto answered.

Oh and thanks for telling me how to do a nickname.. meatgel.. I knew I had seen that before... it works now

Last edited by mandymariee; 05-22-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
well you should sock the phone right in the tooth. that'll teach it a lesson...
wont that break the phone. what if the phone got mad and hit you back?
Old 05-22-2009, 04:27 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

ever heard of anything tougher than a diamond? cuts through glass! I expect the phone to fight back but thats just something you will have to deal with.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
ever heard of anything tougher than a diamond? cuts through glass! I expect the phone to fight back but thats just something you will have to deal with.
ya i have heard of one thing that is tougher than a diamond, its called Adamantium
The Touch Pro will cut though the diamond like it was butter. lol

Last edited by skruff77; 05-22-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: <>

PrO... is a n00b

"F" that "B"! She doesn't cooperate with me no matter what I do.

P.S. i'm trying to cut back on the cursing.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

I love the voice command, it definitely has issues, especially with background noise, but it makes it really useful handsfree. I skied with it in my pocket, with autoanswer and never had to take it out and get it wet or cold! I really like that when you turn announce on, it reads you text messages, it lets you call any contact without special training and it can even start programs with just the touch of a button and a voice command. It makes it supersafe and convienent when driving. It seems to respond better with just digits sometimes, so just say Dial 123 456 7890 if it doesn't understand the name. Sometimes it helps to listen to how it pronounces the name! I just wish you could add functions, like turn autoanswer off or who was my last caller. replying to texts with speech to text would be great too, but that would probably require the "rom of the future"

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond