PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 01:21 AM
exi
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

exi is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Water damaged Diamond. How to clear internal storage before returning to Asurion?

I have a replacement for my insured Diamond en route. I managed to drop mine into water.

The touchscreen is no longer functional; neither are the "hard" buttons, save for power/sleep on top. I have flashed a stock ROM to clear any information on the device, but how might I go about clearing the internal storage of the phone before shipping it back to Sprint/Asurion?

I forget whether there were any things of importance there. The phone is not showing in the device manager, but the USB cable seems to have been enough to flash the phone.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Water damaged Diamond. How to clear internal storage before returning to Asurion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by exi View Post
I have a replacement for my insured Diamond en route. I managed to drop mine into water.

The touchscreen is no longer functional; neither are the "hard" buttons, save for power/sleep on top. I have flashed a stock ROM to clear any information on the device, but how might I go about clearing the internal storage of the phone before shipping it back to Sprint/Asurion?

I forget whether there were any things of importance there. The phone is not showing in the device manager, but the USB cable seems to have been enough to flash the phone.
If you can get it connected via USB (I assume you can since you flashed), you might be able to use MyMobiler to control your phone from your PC and clear storage. By device manager, do you mean you cannot browse files on the phone? Can you see it under "My Computer"? If so, you could just delete the files on your internal storage.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff
Re: Water damaged Diamond. How to clear internal storage before returning to Asurion?

starr/settings/system (tab at the bottom)/clear storage...select internal memory from the list
Old 05-16-2009, 07:26 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

If you filed a claim then just smash it with a hammer. Especially if it is really water damaged and doesn't work anyway...... They are expecting it to be broken anyway.....
Old 05-19-2009, 04:02 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

ya really. why give them the water damaged phone at all? it would be more fun to throw it into a wall.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

plug the usb into the phone, and on your computer, navigate to my computer, where you can see the internal storage drive. right click to format it.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 05-20-2009, 12:12 PM
exi
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

exi is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
ya really. why give them the water damaged phone at all? it would be more fun to throw it into a wall.
Agreed! But since I reported the phone as water damaged and not lost, I didn't want them hassling me later with a $300 charge for a phone that was never returned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
plug the usb into the phone, and on your computer, navigate to my computer, where you can see the internal storage drive. right click to format it.
I tried that. Couldn't do it for some reason.

Anyway, I manually deleted everything from internal storage as best I could, flashed the phone, relocked it, did a hard reset, and sent it back. Fun times when you can't see what the hell the phone's doing.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

i reported my phone lost i said my phone is at my friends house i cant find it send me another one.

they sent me the phone with a return envelope saying to return the lost phone when found.

this is what happend i got the new phone but i also found my lost phone now i have two and i need to send the one back however listen to this, so im at the beach with my windows down and i was on a long walk parked in a nice community, i have the assurion phone in the front seat when i left when i got back it was gone SILLY ME
now i dont send back any phones i keep the original i have ,and saillabee to the insurance phone, plus by now someone has activated it saying they got it off ebay(probably).
The terms of agreement say nothing about my situation being fraudlent or being my fault to cough up 300 bucks; hell no, i paid them 50 dollars for that phone plus 7 dollars a month i cant help that it got stolen wink

Hey good thing about it is i can do it two more times this year LOL

Last edited by popasmurfn25; 05-20-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

Just call them back and tell them you cant find the phone its the same darn thing buddy
your covered either way lol, you paying them 50 bucks anyway their not gonna care anymore or less if you said your dog ate it " uh hello yes my dog got really stoned last night and had the munchies he cant smell correctly, and he thought my phone was a chocolate bar. when or if he ****s it out do you guys want it shipped back"?
Old 05-22-2009, 04:30 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by popasmurfn25 View Post
Just call them back and tell them you cant find the phone its the same darn thing buddy
your covered either way lol, you paying them 50 bucks anyway their not gonna care anymore or less if you said your dog ate it " uh hello yes my dog got really stoned last night and had the munchies he cant smell correctly, and he thought my phone was a chocolate bar. when or if he ****s it out do you guys want it shipped back"?
lmao. but its true.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond