PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: SPRINT/SERO

yaco is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint - HTC phones not ringing (straight to vm) - SOLVED!!!

SOLVED! Ended up that I had a defective HTC Diamond... the Radio wasn't working properly randomly not recognizing some incoming calls. Got a new diamond and not a single missed call

Thanks for all the help... If you're experiencing similar problems I'd still recommend you try all the steps below before getting a new phone... every case is different

I have this post over on the Touch PRO but since my phone is a diamond i'm starting a new thread here.

First, I'm on Sprint... I have FULL bars and i'm showing EV (but no data connectivity showing) - (rx power between -80 and -90).

For a while, my friends and girlfriend would complain that I never answer my phone... sometimes i'd get a random voicemail without having any signs of a missed call. So i grabbed another phone and called mine about 30 times... for about HALF of the calls my phone just stood there like there was nothing happening... on the calling phone, it would ring twice and then go to voicemail... the other half my phone rang just fine like it was supposed to.

So, this is what i tried so far:
1. Installing multiple ROMs... Sprint original & updated, and pretty much every other ROM for the diamond out there... but i'm still missing phone calls.

2. Changed the SCI to 1 and the 0 later... i wanted to say it helped but not really.

3. hard-reset, soft-reset, deleting call history...

4. Tried different registry settings... including the ones from Diamond Tweaks that is supposed to reduce the time before your phone rings ("InitVol"=dword:5 for RingPreview and Ring). Didn't make any difference.

5. Updated the PRL multiple times... currently using the latest 60750

6. Changed settings to ROAM ONLY... This SEEMS to be the only one that works... but it's weird. Sometimes (very few) The caller will hear it will ring once and then it will start "TICKING"... not really ringing but doing some tic-tac noise until my voice mail pics up. at least doesn't give the idea that it was ringing and I didn't pickup... of course, this doesn't solve the problem and worst of all... i can't roam all the time because i'll be charged extra!

7. I just changed the ACCOLC... it was 6 before... it seems to have helped. Actually i was pretty happy cuz i called it 10 times and it rang all 10... but then i tried a couple more times and it didn't ring twice in a roll...

8. Made sure my DDTM is off.

9. Called Sprint... asked them to increase the time it takes for the voicemail to pick up... they said i can't be changed

10. Tried the SuspendResume777.cab from Shaggys (didn't fix it).

11. Turned of EVDO (had 1x only) and still didn't fix it.

12. Called Sprint Advanced Tech Support and they were useless... I asked them to reprogram my account and they changed the MSID... the Tech called my phone from his phone and it went to VM right after... then she told me the problem was the Network Signal... even though I had great signal (4bars), and a bunch of my friends on Sprint on the exact same location never missed their calls...

Couple of diagnostics:
my friends reported this problem months ago when I had the HTC Touch... so it can't be the phone!!! and i'm loosing all hopes that this is something that can be fixed on my end

If the caller hears the ring 3 times or more it means it's ringing on my end... if it rings 2x and goes to VM then I never received it in my end.

Sorry about the long post... but please, can any of the Gurus help? it seems like there are more people having the same issue all over... with Sprint and HTC cdma phones (Diamond, Touch, Touch Pro, etc...).

I could get in trouble at work if i miss important phone calls... PLEASE HELP!

EDIT: added a couple of new things i tried since the original post.

Last edited by yaco; 06-03-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:45 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Sprint - HTC phones not ringing (straight to vm)

1) Call tech support and speak to an advanced tech department.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I will try that as well.

I'm thinking it's easier to find "Advanced Tech Support" here than at Sprint...
Old 05-19-2009, 01:49 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The only other thing I can suggest is taking it into a Sprint store. :\ Maybe you could try flashing a different radio if you haven't already.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I think that did IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! just called my phone about 15 times and it rang every single time!

I had only tried the original Sprint radio and with the latest radio 1.11. Now using Tellus 1.04 and my phone seems to be ringing every time now [crossed fingers].

I'm not sure if it was just the radio or a combination of all the other settings with the Tellus radio... but I'll keep calling and will report if my phone misses any calls.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nevermind... still missing calls stupid phone just won't always ring!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Did you do the #777 edit? Using Shaggy's cab? That fixed the issue for me (not as bad as your issue but still missed several calls without realizing it).

Here is cab if you haven't tried this one
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1240630762

BrennB
Old 05-19-2009, 10:07 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

well, he did say data was off, but yea, can't hurt to check that.

also it has been found that the sci will reset when you update your profile/prl, so you have to change it again.. also I've always set it to 0
Old 05-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: Sprint

hasseye is just getting started

heyy man...this is a problem some of us are having...I have the same issue. Using a touch diamond. It's not the phone or hardware issue, swapped it out for another still same issue. I have problems with texts and incomming calls, no problems with outgoing calls. Don't bother calling sprint, even though the tech was nice and willing to help, he was no help. I realized what worked best for me was the verizon touch pro rom. Don't really have to much of a problem although every once and a while it sometimes does act up.

What ive noticed is that for some reason when it goes into 1X "roaming" it works fine. Incoming calls and texts have to switch over to 1X. For some reason im not sure what or why it's happeneing, but when its in EVDO it doesn't recognize or switch to 1X fast enough. When you make an outgoing call or when it switches over to 1X thats when you see those voicemails or texts comming in. Like i said my problem is somehwat only fixed with the verizon rom here on this site. Try that out. If you got any fixes let me know, always willing to help to get help.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
heyy man...this is a problem some of us are having...I have the same issue. Using a touch diamond. It's not the phone or hardware issue, swapped it out for another still same issue. I have problems with texts and incomming calls, no problems with outgoing calls. Don't bother calling sprint, even though the tech was nice and willing to help, he was no help. I realized what worked best for me was the verizon touch pro rom. Don't really have to much of a problem although every once and a while it sometimes does act up.

What ive noticed is that for some reason when it goes into 1X "roaming" it works fine. Incoming calls and texts have to switch over to 1X. For some reason im not sure what or why it's happeneing, but when its in EVDO it doesn't recognize or switch to 1X fast enough. When you make an outgoing call or when it switches over to 1X thats when you see those voicemails or texts comming in. Like i said my problem is somehwat only fixed with the verizon rom here on this site. Try that out. If you got any fixes let me know, always willing to help to get help.
You actually gave me an idea... if I revert my PRL to an older file i will get 1X only and not be roaming so that I can give it a try for a while (or maybe there's a better way to disable EVDO )... but if I can disable it I can prove that it is EV causing it... or not.

I'll see what I find out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond