PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Verizon Users On Sprint Diamond Please Help!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68964)

violentz313 05-18-2009 01:02 AM

Verizon Users On Sprint Diamond Please Help!!

So i finally have the issue everyone has been talking about with every soft reset turning into a hard reset. I understand in order to fix i need to flash back to a sprint shipped rom.

My question is will i have to re-do all the qpst radio setting changes i made for the phone to be able to work on verizon. Im under the asumption that flashing a shipped will update the radio in turn changing all my settings.

I have to make sure because in the sprint diamond on verizon thread some people said verizon fixed the loop hole people where using to activate the sprint diamonds through verizon and if updating my radio will prevent me from reactivating on verizon tht is deffintly something i dont want to do.

Please anyone that can i help i would apreciate it greatly thank you for your time.

MrObvious 05-18-2009 01:05 PM

Re: Verizon Users On Sprint Diamond Please Help!!

Well your ESN is already in the database for Verizon so you are clear. If you do decide to flash the shipped ROM then yes you'll have to redo everything on your phone but the ESN should be workable.

violentz313 05-19-2009 02:45 PM

Will I have to unlock again after flashing back to stock?

violentz313 05-19-2009 11:15 PM

Can anyone else help please. Everything im reading says if i go back and try to do it again i will not be able to activate.

violentz313 05-20-2009 03:20 PM

Ok... guess im out a phone then thanks 6.5

wavez 05-21-2009 09:23 AM

I'm in the same boat, flashed 6.5 and now having all sorts of problems.
I believe if you flash the sprint shipped rom but reset before aligning the screen, we might be okay. I believe all the carrier customizations begin once the rom is up and running. I'm not positive though, can anyone to confirm or deny?

violentz313 05-21-2009 02:49 PM

The problem though is the flashing a new radio part because all the settings we changed will revert back to the stock sprint settings. The problem may happen when you try to reactivate because in the other sprint to verizon threads they said that it dosent work anymore.

wavez 05-21-2009 02:55 PM

I dont believe that flashing the radio is what reverts the settings. I flashed a radio only ROM before and did not have to reprogram.

I thought the carrier customization resets the epst settings and not the flash itself, though I could be wrong. My reasoning comes from my days with the HTC touch and when the first ROMs came out, if you were flashing a different carrier based rom, you were instructed to reset before customizations or else you would have to reload your original shipped ROM and change a bunch of epst settings.

violentz313 05-21-2009 02:59 PM

LOL seems we are in the same boat neither of us know for sure thats why i was hoping someone had went through this before and could help out.

wavez 05-25-2009 09:17 AM

Great Success! I flashed the sprint OS ROM rather than the radio and it seemed to reset everything. I'm not running Juicy's latest ROM without any problems.

What I did:

1 - Flashed the sprint stock ROM from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57013 (OS only)

2 - Pulled battery at screen calibration. Hard reset again from shutdown (power+vol down+center button).

3 - Flashed winmo6.5 ROM (Juicy 7)

4 - Clear storage (under system settings)

In my case I did not lose activation. Hopefully this is helpful. Good luck.