PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ziki is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post CDMA Diamond WM6.5 Rants/Questions/Ideas

Hey guys long time reader, first thread. I bought a diamond for sprint 2 weeks ago. I'm using SSK Essentials 6.5 Rom with various tweaks. I'm still tweaking it around, and have a lot of questions. I'll number them so you can help me, then when you guys help me out I will edit my post with the answer. Hopefully when I get my phone perfectly tweaked, I'll make a rom or something. I'm new to the know cooking thing but it seems easy to pick up. I would use the search feature, but with my ADD it's hard to answer all these questions without getting sidetracked indefinitely

1. Is there a watered down version of S2U? I just want the slide to answer feature.

2. End key doesnt seem to do what I am used to. I upgraded from an Apache and the end key would usually close the screen. On my diamond, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I've tried AEbutton Plus but for some reason I don't think it works the way it should.

3. The D-Pad jog dial (whatever you want to call it) almost never works. Does it need to be coded in programs in order for me to use it? Wouldn't it make sense that when I roll around clockwise it goes down and counter clockwise up?

4. I like iContact and iDialer, is there a way to completely replace my dialer and contacts program with it? When I press the send key, the stock dialer shows up. The reason I don't like it is because sometimes when I bring up a contact, I want to text message them but when I select their name, the phone calls them. I want the option to call or sms, which icontact provides. If theres a fix to this, please tell me.

5. I don't know if its me but it seems like a big hassle to send a text message to multiple people. I like going through a contact list using my keypad and checking or selecting contacts.

6. What is the deal with messaging, when I get a text it shows up on my today screen but in order for the new message indicator to disappear i have to open the text and select that thread. That's annoying.

7. On other roms there was a feature where I hold down the send button and it flips the screen, where do I get that? Flip It is cool but is very sensitive and usually flips when I don't want it to.

8. Is there a start menu organizer? I would like to group my programs up more, because I have the 3 column start menu and there is just way too much scrolling. Is there a tweak where if I move my finger faster it scrolls faster? Also, where do I get the 4 column mod.

9. My opera default keyboard is the really small stylus keyboard, how do I change the default?

10. I like to use the phone keypad with t9 to text while driving but fingerkbd to text with 2 hands. Is there a profile I can turn on when I drive?

11. Speaking of profiles, is there a 6.5 today screen ring profile changer (vibrate, vibe and ring, silent, etc.)?

12. Is there a stocks viewer for CHrome? It would be cool to see stocks on my home screen.

13. How do I remove these WM6.5 programs, I don't want MSN stuff and I feel its taking up resources.

14. Is there a finance program similar to mint.com that aggregates all my bank accounts and tells me my balances?

15. Is there a easier way to switch keyboards? Half the time my thumb can't press the dropdown arrow because it's so small.

16. Wheres the battery status indicator? Is there a battery saving profile that activates when i have 20% battery and disables power hogging things like data and ringtones or something?

Hopefully this thread will help others and inspire new ideas. Thanks for your responses.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

DerekV is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CDMA Diamond WM6.5 Rants/Questions/Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziki View Post
1. Is there a watered down version of S2U? I just want the slide to answer feature.
Check out the HTC slide to answer by Juggalo_X, it's what i use. Forget S2U, it is not even needed anymore since there is a lock that comes with WM6.5 and and slide to answer by HTC. http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...ad.php?t=53600 . This will also change your dialer as well.

Quote:
2. End key doesnt seem to do what I am used to. I upgraded from an Apache and the end key would usually close the screen. On my diamond, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I've tried AEbutton Plus but for some reason I don't think it works the way it should.
I'm using Juicy 7, and the end key seems to kill most if not all programs I have tried it on. Maybe try a different rom (i would since thats how i always exit instead of teh small X)

Quote:
3. The D-Pad jog dial (whatever you want to call it) almost never works. Does it need to be coded in programs in order for me to use it? Wouldn't it make sense that when I roll around clockwise it goes down and counter clockwise up?
That D pad is the most useless thing, it is way hard to press any dirrection and the jog function is a waste. It has always been really finicky for me (even on 6.1). I never use it.

Quote:
4. I like iContact and iDialer, is there a way to completely replace my dialer and contacts program with it? When I press the send key, the stock dialer shows up. The reason I don't like it is because sometimes when I bring up a contact, I want to text message them but when I select their name, the phone calls them. I want the option to call or sms, which icontact provides. If theres a fix to this, please tell me.
IDK about totally replacing it, but the stock contact manager can easily either send sms or call phone from that persons contact screen, just as long as you have their number saved as a mobile number. Like when i go into the MS contact screen it shows the names of all my friends. If i were to select Sarah it will bring up her contact info, and give me the option to call, SMS, and look at any notes there might be about her.

Quote:
5. I don't know if its me but it seems like a big hassle to send a text message to multiple people. I like going through a contact list using my keypad and checking or selecting contacts.
I hear you with this one. There is no way to check or uncheck multiple people for an SMS (as far as i know, there might be a solution at XDA somewhere).

Quote:
6. What is the deal with messaging, when I get a text it shows up on my today screen but in order for the new message indicator to disappear i have to open the text and select that thread. That's annoying.
If you have HTC notification manager, you can just open that and dismiss the text notification. If you are talking about the counter in TF3D2, then yea that one is annoying.

Quote:
7. On other roms there was a feature where I hold down the send button and it flips the screen, where do I get that? Flip It is cool but is very sensitive and usually flips when I don't want it to.
The send key flips orientation in Juicy 7 WM6.5. And i know what you mean about flipit.

Quote:
8. Is there a start menu organizer? I would like to group my programs up more, because I have the 3 column start menu and there is just way too much scrolling. Is there a tweak where if I move my finger faster it scrolls faster? Also, where do I get the 4 column mod.
The only way to organize it right now is by sending programs to the top. IDK, but the start menu seems perfect in the newer builds of 6.5...... 4 column is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=481379.

Quote:
9. My opera default keyboard is the really small stylus keyboard, how do I change the default?
SIP change maybe, it should be Touch Input keyboard for default, IDK why it wouldnt be. Maybe try out a new rom, like i said juicy seems to be the most stable right now that i have tried, or maybe even cap'ns clean rom.

Quote:
10. I like to use the phone keypad with t9 to text while driving but fingerkbd to text with 2 hands. Is there a profile I can turn on when I drive?
Not that i know of, just gonna have to change it when you drive. Or better yet do us all a favor and stop texting while you're driving lol.

Quote:
11. Speaking of profiles, is there a 6.5 today screen ring profile changer (vibrate, vibe and ring, silent, etc.)?
Yea, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512529

Quote:
12. Is there a stocks viewer for CHrome? It would be cool to see stocks on my home screen.
Not yet...

Quote:
13. How do I remove these WM6.5 programs, I don't want MSN stuff and I feel its taking up resources.
You can't, unless you cook your own rom without it. It's most likely not even running.

Quote:
14. Is there a finance program similar to mint.com that aggregates all my bank accounts and tells me my balances?
dunno

Quote:
15. Is there a easier way to switch keyboards? Half the time my thumb can't press the dropdown arrow because it's so small.
Nope
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond