PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 03:07 PM
exi
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

exi is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Returning a damaged phone -- how to ensure it's completely clear of personal info?

I have deleted files from the internal storage, reflashed, and relocked a Diamond which was water damaged.

The touchscreen does not work, and I cannot get it to align correctly by trying to guesstimate the crosshair position and using a screen visualization program like My Mobiler.

My concern is that profile information is still on this phone, as I didn't have a chance to reset it to stock values by using ##786#. How can I make sure it's completely and entirely wiped?
Old 05-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Returning a damaged phone -- how to ensure it's completely clear of personal info

hard reset it

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 05-16-2009, 03:56 PM
exi
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

exi is just getting started
Re: Returning a damaged phone -- how to ensure it's completely clear of personal info

Quote:
Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
hard reset it
How might I go about this without being able to see the screen? I don't even remember the buttons to be held down.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

hard reset on diamond:

Take out battery, replace battery (phone off)
Hold volume down, center button then power (all 3 at once will put you in a screen to ask if you want...
1. press volup to restore manufacture default
2. press voldown to restore manufacture default and format moviNAND
3. press any other key to cancel.

Took about 3 seconds of holding all three keys for this screen to come up.. so count to 4 let go of buttons then make your choice...

BrennB
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:16 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think clearing storage will do it too...

Its under start -> settings -> clear storage (WM6.1)
Its under start -> settings -> system -> clear storage (wm6.5)
Old 05-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yeah but he can't see his phone screen so we're on a guessing game.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:31 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
yeah but he can't see his phone screen so we're on a guessing game.
My bad I just skimmed the OP, that being said he said hes reflashed and relocked the phone. I think thats good enough to blow away the main memory.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung I8000L
Carrier: Bell

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor

if you can start it and connect it to a computer .... dur what's the point of this topic again?
Old 05-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Still a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
My bad I just skimmed the OP, that being said he said hes reflashed and relocked the phone. I think thats good enough to blow away the main memory.
True enough.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung I8000L
Carrier: Bell

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
True enough.
Indeed, and any files on the storage card can be wiped using a pc. Crap, you can fdisk it and remove all partitions. Why you turn the phone back on it auto-partitions the sd card back to it's previous setup (minus any data that was on it)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond