PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Sunlight Adjustment Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68773)

nmoreman 05-16-2009 10:24 AM

Sunlight Adjustment Question

I have a question about adjusting the screen for best use in sunlight> The screen is great all winter, but now that I am going outside, boating and golfing, I cannot see the screen.

Running stock Diamond, have tried adjusting power/brightness screen to high, but cannot see screen.

Anyone have any good tweaks, adjustments, whatever? I'm sure I'm not going to be the only person with this issue now that we made it thru winter and summer is here!!!

Prefer tweaks, I won't do register edits, changes. Thanks

Biker1 05-16-2009 01:35 PM

Re: Sunlight Adjustment Question

I am sorry to say that there is probably nothing more that can be done other than the adjustments you have made. They do make anti glare screen protectors that reduce the glare but probably not enough to make a difference in bright sunlight. If you have not done so already, set the auto backlight to off.This issue is common to all Diamonds and not just yours. I think it is common to other touch screen devices also.

nmoreman 05-17-2009 09:31 AM

Thanks for the answer, after turning off Auto Adjust Backlight on Power, it left a bluish screen on after turning off after one minute - ATE the battery, so that will not work.

I hate to say it, but had friend over with Iphone, they don't have those issues. Our vibrant screens look so good on everything else, there has to be a way to see the things in the sunlight.

Any other ideas or experiences??

bradart 05-17-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmoreman (Post 919936)
Thanks for the answer, after turning off Auto Adjust Backlight on Power, it left a bluish screen on after turning off after one minute - ATE the battery, so that will not work.

....What? Thats seems factually incorrect.....

nmoreman 05-17-2009 12:09 PM

I know it was wierd, but that was the only setting I changed and screen stayed a dark bluish color, quit when I put backlight back on.

Anyway, kept researching and found program on xda called LUMOS that I have downloaded - looks great and might be the answer. I ran calibration, need to read and follow directions, but put in window for direct sunlight, ran up to 1446 for high lumens.

It is adjusting between window light vs room light, auto back light under Power is off.

Spending the afternoon outside, will see how this works and report back. Might be the answer.

Biker1 05-17-2009 01:13 PM

The bluish screen you speak of may be transient. My screen does that once in awhile but nothing to do with auto adjust, at least in my case. When it happens I soft reset because it will continuously show blue if I don't.
I gotta check out this LUMOS thing.

bradart 05-17-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmoreman (Post 920143)
I know it was wierd, but that was the only setting I changed and screen stayed a dark bluish color, quit when I put backlight back on.

Anyway, kept researching and found program on xda called LUMOS that I have downloaded - looks great and might be the answer. I ran calibration, need to read and follow directions, but put in window for direct sunlight, ran up to 1446 for high lumens.

It is adjusting between window light vs room light, auto back light under Power is off.

Spending the afternoon outside, will see how this works and report back. Might be the answer.

can you post a link to lumos?

Biker1 05-17-2009 02:11 PM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450318

nmoreman 05-17-2009 02:33 PM

Thanks Biker1, you beat me to it. I was going to test first at see, will update, going outside now.

Biker1 05-17-2009 03:03 PM

Yes, let me know how you like the app as I may download it myself, that is if it really makes a difference in Sunlight. Usually I just block the sunlight with my hand but circumstances don't dictate that I constantly use the phone in direct sunlight as you though.