PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sunlight Adjustment Question

An alternative to Lumos is glight: http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=glight/about

(some people have reports of Lumos stalling such that it doesn't update brightness level.)

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog
Old 05-18-2009, 02:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
I know it was wierd, but that was the only setting I changed and screen stayed a dark bluish color, quit when I put backlight back on.

Anyway, kept researching and found program on xda called LUMOS that I have downloaded - looks great and might be the answer. I ran calibration, need to read and follow directions, but put in window for direct sunlight, ran up to 1446 for high lumens.

It is adjusting between window light vs room light, auto back light under Power is off.

Spending the afternoon outside, will see how this works and report back. Might be the answer.
Thanks for the heads up on LUMOS I have downloaded it and seems pretty cool the way it works. Works great in the house I will see how it works outside in the sunlight later on today and also in general. How did it work for you in the sunlight?

Last edited by Biker1; 05-18-2009 at 02:54 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

nmoreman is becoming a great contributor

I'm liking it. I carefully read and calibrated using extreme sunlight and dark corners and it is actually showing an improvement outside when I pull from pocket, I can see it adjusting to a brighter screen in sun.

I would highly recommend this app for use in sun - it is a definite improvement from what I was experiencing when I started this thread and request for info.

Post your comments.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:01 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am also using LUMOS and getting the same results as you. Highly Recommended. What exactly makes LUMOS different from the stock HTC Diamond's Auto Backlight? I never used the stock adjust before. Is the LUMOS highest adjustment brighter than the stock backlight at its highest adjustment?I like the way this app uses little power to do its job as noticed when looking at my CPU power usage program.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
I am also using LUMOS and getting the same results as you. Highly Recommended. What exactly makes LUMOS different from the stock HTC Diamond's Auto Backlight? I never used the stock adjust before. Is the LUMOS highest adjustment brighter than the stock backlight at its highest adjustment?I like the way this app uses little power to do its job as noticed when looking at my CPU power usage program.
Lumos and glight both provide more options and greater levels of adjustment than the stock backlight adjuster. Besides they are more customizable you can adjust them until you find the perfect level of background brightness for every lighting situation.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:51 PM
VIP Member

Is the brightness level brighter with LUMOS than the stock auto adjust at its highest level?
Old 05-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
Is the brightness level brighter with LUMOS than the stock auto adjust at its highest level?
As far as I am aware both programs only control the levels already set by the stock adjust. In other words there potential max is the same. (I looked at the registry entries, xml files, and the developer pages.)

However I don't know at what level the stock auto adjust went to its max nor if it ever got there. Therefore it is entirely possible that in practice the lumos max is brighter than the stock auto adjust max
Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 PM
VIP Member

Makes sense to me. I appreciate it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond