PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera/Flash Crashing issues: here's a temporary fix

I wanted to start a thread to discuss Opera/Flash issues that have been prevalent for some time. The solution is temporary until Opera comes out with full flash support, that is until adobe and opera team up. If your like me, and want Opera to render pages as they should with no crashes and don't mind not playing video in Opera, then this will work for you. I use 15613 currently but have also experienced the crashing issue with 15954 and 16277. By turning off plugins in opera settings (Settings>Advanced, uncheck plugins), it has not crashed on me since. This will work on any rom you use, especially ones that have flash 3.1 cooked in or installed which causes the problem in the first place. Now as I mentioned you will lose flash video capabilities but flash content still loads up fine(previews of videos, etc). I guess there's always wvd/tcpmp, skyfire, mach5 that will outperform opera/flash video performance at the moment. I have tested this going to various flash video sites or sites with flash video content (www.blockbuster.com) and with plugins disabled, Opera will load the page and not crash. Try it and see if it makes a difference. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Opera/Flash Crashing issues: here's a temporary fix

I'm bumping this. Thanks for the "fix."

(this also happens in IE 6 for me as well, but didn't see an option in there to turn it off. However, I don't really use pie (who does?) so it really isn't an issue.)

PPCGeeks New User Guide

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:08 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
I'm bumping this. Thanks for the "fix."

(this also happens in IE 6 for me as well, but didn't see an option in there to turn it off. However, I don't really use pie (who does?) so it really isn't an issue.)
yes, I know what you mean with ie6, to me, opera is so better anyway and if you truly want to use pie, just install ie toggler on a rom with ie6. You can then toggle back to pie. That nice for certain websites like espn mobile that render descent in pie.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:36 AM
VIP Member

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Another good suggestion. (Also, I didn't mean to use the terms IE6 and PIE interchangeably; I just got sloppy.)
Here's the link to the IE6 Toggle thread we have here if anyone else is interested.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:43 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
Another good suggestion. (Also, I didn't mean to use the terms IE6 and PIE interchangeably; I just got sloppy.)
Here's the link to the IE6 Toggle thread we have here if anyone else is interested.
Ie toggler is a must have in my opinion. Although ie6 has grown on me a little, pie works great for many mobile site searches and it's nice to have the option to switch back and forth. In essence, you get two browsers in one package. I would be interested to know if you had a rom with pie cooked in and you installed this would you be able to use ie6? probably not plus most roms don't bother with pie anyway. just curious.

by the way GoodGets, same here on trying to disable plugins in ie6. doesnt give you the option. wonder if disabling sounds would do the trick?
Old 05-17-2009, 03:10 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Ie toggler is a must have in my opinion. Although ie6 has grown on me a little, pie works great for many mobile site searches and it's nice to have the option to switch back and forth. In essence, you get two browsers in one package. I would be interested to know if you had a rom with pie cooked in and you installed this would you be able to use ie6? probably not plus most roms don't bother with pie anyway. just curious.

by the way GoodGets, same here on trying to disable plugins in ie6. doesnt give you the option. wonder if disabling sounds would do the trick?
Yeah, I don't think you can toggle "forward" to IE6 from pie. I think it just works to toggle backwards by enabling more of a mobile version. (At least that's what I gathered from what I think is its home.)

Not sure about sounds. Would that inherently disable video playback as well? I don't really think so, but that might be something to consider. Maybe disabling ActiveX controls would work? Or, changing IE6 from desktop to mobile view (but this sorta defeats the point of IE6)? I'm sorta thinking disabling ActiveX would do it, but that's like a 90% guess. I might play around with it if I get some free time tomorrow.

Your turn.
Edit: I swear if anyone else tries to chime in on this thread, their post will be deleted and they will be banned for 1 week... just playin' of course. Feel free to chime in, break this leapfrogging riley and I have going.

Last edited by GoodGets; 05-17-2009 at 03:15 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond