PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Water Damage. Hope there is a wasy to fix this. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68685)

jjairal 05-15-2009 12:29 PM

Water Damage. Hope there is a wasy to fix this.

I got caught in some rough rain the other day and i got soaked. Had the phone in the holster and had it covered by my shirt hoped that it would keep dry. When i got home phone was slightly wet on the outside everything seemed to work fine. A little while later i went to use the phone again and the touchscreen wasnt responding at all. Took it about and took out the battery. noticed there was some moisture inside not soaking but there was some water just wiped it and put it in some rice overnight, heard its supposed to help absorb moisture. Next day phone is working ok now, except for the spot where u click to open the keyboard It opens the keyboard but then wont close it seems to press the side options instead. Like if go to send a text and try to close the keyboard it pushes the send soft key. Is there anything i can do about this

madcook 05-15-2009 12:40 PM

Re: Water Damage. Hope there is a wasy to fix this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjairal (Post 916932)
I got caught in some rough rain the other day and i got soaked. Had the phone in the holster and had it covered by my shirt hoped that it would keep dry. When i got home phone was slightly wet on the outside everything seemed to work fine. A little while later i went to use the phone again and the touchscreen wasnt responding at all. Took it about and took out the battery. noticed there was some moisture inside not soaking but there was some water just wiped it and put it in some rice overnight, heard its supposed to help absorb moisture. Next day phone is working ok now, except for the spot where u click to open the keyboard It opens the keyboard but then wont close it seems to press the side options instead. Like if go to send a text and try to close the keyboard it pushes the send soft key. Is there anything i can do about this

maybe you remap a soft key to work around your problem

popasmurfn25 05-15-2009 12:43 PM

or try your realigning your screen go to settings then reilgn your screen.

popasmurfn25 05-15-2009 12:44 PM

you know where you tap your screen on the cross hair

jjairal 05-15-2009 01:05 PM

Yeah i tried that a few times alignment gets done but bottom part is screwy. Weird cause it open up the keyboard fine. Just wont close it. Im using fingerboard keyboard now so at least i can close it from there.

tobeychris 05-15-2009 01:23 PM

Are you sure it isn't the keyboard? Some of them have been known to do this.

Best way to solve this: Don't get it wet in the first place:)

jjairal 05-15-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobeychris (Post 917043)
Are you sure it isn't the keyboard? Some of them have been known to do this.

Best way to solve this: Don't get it wet in the first place:)

Yeah i want back to the stock rom too and tried it with the regular keyboards and the same think happens.
Unfortunately i had nowhere to hide.

tersoth 05-15-2009 03:17 PM

actually there might be a solution...kinda. it was either wmexperts or pocketnow that posted a reg edit that would let you move your keyboard around on the screen. this may work since you can slide your keyboard almost off the screen and slide it back on to type. if someone hasnt found it ill search for it later tonight

eenieMINI 05-15-2009 10:04 PM

Lucky you found Fingerkeyboard, I was going to suggest this.. since there is a sip key right on the screen that way!