PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Email with Voice Notification ???? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68632)

Biker1 05-14-2009 11:15 PM

Email with Voice Notification ????

I usually have my Diamond set to vibrate but today it was on ring. I received an email notification icon as usual AND also an automated voice came on and told me what the subject of the email was :confused:I didn't hear the first part of the audio as it surprised me. Anyone know what this is or is this common and I never hear it because my Diamond is mostly on vibrate?

MrObvious 05-15-2009 12:41 AM

Re: Email with Voice Notification ????

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker1 (Post 916089)
I usually have my Diamond set to vibrate but today it was on ring. I received an email notification icon as usual AND also an automated voice came on and told me what the subject of the email was :confused:I didn't hear the first part of the audio as it surprised me. Anyone know what this is or is this common and I never hear it because my Diamond is mostly on vibrate?

Which ROM?

stravy 05-15-2009 12:43 AM

i know in rstg roms if you get a message that has been marked urgent by the sender it will state who the email is from and what the subject line reads.

Biker1 05-15-2009 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 916224)
Which ROM?

Stock ROM, newest version 2.00

Biker1 05-15-2009 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stravy (Post 916231)
i know in rstg roms if you get a message that has been marked urgent by the sender it will state who the email is from and what the subject line reads.

I did receive the email as URGENT with " ! " which is the first time I received it that way. I don't have a RSTG ROM though. Could the new version of the stock ROM have the voice announce feature also?

TREmp77 05-15-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker1 (Post 916455)
I did receive the email as URGENT with " ! " which is the first time I received it that way. I don't have a RSTG ROM though. Could the new version of the stock ROM have the voice announce feature also?

go to start/settings/voice command then highlight messaging then click on options...your answer is in there

MrObvious 05-15-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker1 (Post 916448)
Stock ROM, newest version 2.00

Maybe hard reset? I don't think the stock Sprint ROM has the ringtone bug affecting a few custom ROMs.

the7thson 05-15-2009 04:49 PM

It's just voicecommand announcing your messages etc. You can easily disable it by doing what tremp mentioned.

nxtech3 05-15-2009 05:53 PM

gotta love MSVC, had a NSFW text come through while i was at work, usually have my BT headset on so it would route there but not this time, well needless to say everybody in the store heard what my girlfriend had in store for me that night. So i disabled that feature real quick!!!!!

Biker1 05-15-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREmp77 (Post 916596)
go to start/settings/voice command then highlight messaging then click on options...your answer is in there

I did find my answer. Thanks for the clue :)