PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

tornadog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
IS the Diamond better than the Touch

Been using the Touch for the last 15 months and have come to fall in love with this phone thanks to all the custom roms out there. Now am getting a diamond as TEP replacement for the damaged touch. Should I use the Diamond or sell ti on Ebay and get a used Touch for cheap?
Old 05-14-2009, 05:12 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: IS the Diamond better than the Touch

all depends on what you are comfortable with. I would do a phone comparison on phonescoop.com to see specific differences. I personally would take the Diamond over the Touch. i sometimes miss the expandable storage slot, and internal memory is by far better on the original touch, but IMO, i would definitely use the Diamond.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken
Carrier: Sprint

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
all depends on what you are comfortable with. I would do a phone comparison on phonescoop.com to see specific differences. I personally would take the Diamond over the Touch. i sometimes miss the expandable storage slot, and internal memory is by far better on the original touch, but IMO, i would definitely use the Diamond.
+1 with the Touch Diamond, but I no doubt loved my Touch to death and still miss it sometimes, but I'm happy with my Diamond.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

i like the form of the Touch and the functionality of the diamond.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
i like the form of the Touch and the functionality of the diamond.
Same feelings here!

The Touch and Diamond are my two favorite phones. Teh touch was by far my favorite but when I got the Dimaond and compared screens... that was the end of comparison.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 05-14-2009, 07:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

At the end of the day, the Diamond is the device to have handsdown A while back, I was in need of a new device but the Diamond was not going to be available for 3 months. I was going to get the Touch and posted a similar question on a couple of Forums to the one you are posting now. The question being was it worth waiting for the Diamond 3 months or should I purchase the Touch which was available immediately?The overwhelming answer was that I should wait and I would not be disappointed. Well, I exhibited self control and avoided the impulse to buy the Touch right away and I was not disappointed The user interface is worth waiting for as well as the Touch Screen in addition to other things. You will not be disappointed with the Diamond either. Its just that you are used to the Touch but you will quickly get used to the Diamond and I am sure you will enjoy it
Old 05-15-2009, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Sprint/Verizon
Threadstarter

tornadog is a n00b

I have my 150 rebate for a new phone, wont I be better off waiting for a newer Touch with the money I make from the Diamond. Cause I hear the Diamond still has its limitations.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:35 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

the limitations are storage card. do you need more than 4 gigs? do you need removable memory? that limitation may not be a limitation unless you actually need to remove the memory.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

copper rs is a n00b

I had a touch for about a5 months and loved it so much more than the mogul. I too received a diamond as a TEP replacement. While the touch was a great phone, the Diamond is better in every way. Things look better, run smoother, things generally seem to work better and text is sized so that you can click it easier. Getting a custom rom on it will make it even better.

Keep the diamond, you'll like it.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

floppydrivez is a n00b

I never had a touch, but I have fallen in love with my diamond. I came from a bb 8330 and the only thing I miss the qwerty keyboard I could touch with my fingers. (Owned the diamond almost a week) and I find it a hard transition when texting.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond