PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 12:34 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: IS the Diamond better than the Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppydrivez View Post
I never had a touch, but I have fallen in love with my diamond. I came from a bb 8330 and the only thing I miss the qwerty keyboard I could touch with my fingers. (Owned the diamond almost a week) and I find it a hard transition when texting.
Get TouchPal or FingerKeyboard2.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Sprint/Verizon
Threadstarter

tornadog is a n00b

I used the Diamond for the last couple of days. I have difficulty selecting anything on the screen, I need to press real hard to select and scrollbar is useless, have to use the up/down keys to navigate. I got one of the older diamond models the one with the maroon back, which frankly looks ugly. I dont like the tf3d interface after using the winmo 6.5 on my touch. I was gonna sell it but my wife convinced me to let her keep it. She had a moto q and she loves the color on this one...lol
Old 05-16-2009, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pre
Carrier: sprint

tri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good work

My Diamond is fine but other than the screen res I liked the touch better. Had Dette's rom on my touch the last time I used it and it ran just and smooth as the diamond with mightyrom's. In fact I haven't used sprint tv or slingplayer half as much since I had the touch. For some reason the programs just work like crap on the diamond and it's frustrating cuz it doesn't make any sense. Sucks sprintv dumped a bunch of there live stations as well. Also I think if the diamond or any other winmo devices used capacitive screens like the iphone our devices would be way better.. minus the stylus writing.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pre
Carrier: sprint

tri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good work

Oh yeah.. just to add.. even with the diamond annoying me.... the res is so pretty I could never go back to the touch.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

The screen on the diamond is so much more responsive. The resolution on the diamond is absolutely to die for. The diamond takes killer photos. The touch....is black? I ran out of things that the touch does better...

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

current i have 2 touch and 2 diamonds. only 2 of them are activated though. almost everything the touch can do, the diamond does it better. VGA screen vs QVGA, better camera, Wifi vs no wifi, louder and clearer speaker, more and more themes and apps are coming out for VGA devices vs QVGA. the only thing that suck bad for the diamond is its battery and the diamond get hot real fast. when the diamond gets hot, it wont charge. if you are on the phone for 2-3 hours a day. in my apartment, the diamond is pretty much useless to me after the first hour of talk time because it would get too hot, so it wont charge and it would get disconnected constantly after the first hour. the condition gets worst on a hot day, even removing the battery cover doesnt help.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Officer Android

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadthai View Post
current i have 2 touch and 2 diamonds. only 2 of them are activated though. almost everything the touch can do, the diamond does it better. VGA screen vs QVGA, better camera, Wifi vs no wifi, louder and clearer speaker, more and more themes and apps are coming out for VGA devices vs QVGA. the only thing that suck bad for the diamond is its battery and the diamond get hot real fast. when the diamond gets hot, it wont charge. if you are on the phone for 2-3 hours a day. in my apartment, the diamond is pretty much useless to me after the first hour of talk time because it would get too hot, so it wont charge and it would get disconnected constantly after the first hour. the condition gets worst on a hot day, even removing the battery cover doesnt help.
At that point, i usually break out the old bluetooth headset, put some ice in a ziplock back, wrap the ice in a towel, put the phone under the ice pack, and talk on the bluetooth headset. It sounds like way more of a pain in the than it actually is.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor

I am getting the Diamond tomorrow from asurion. I had the Touch and from what I have seen at the Sprint store is the screen quality is alot better. Does anyone recommend a good case or a screen protector? I will give more of my thoughts tomorrow when i receive my Diamond.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Officer Android

The cosensus seems to point to yes.

I agree
Old 05-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog View Post
I used the Diamond for the last couple of days. I have difficulty selecting anything on the screen, I need to press real hard to select and scrollbar is useless, have to use the up/down keys to navigate. I got one of the older diamond models the one with the maroon back, which frankly looks ugly. I dont like the tf3d interface after using the winmo 6.5 on my touch. I was gonna sell it but my wife convinced me to let her keep it. She had a moto q and she loves the color on this one...lol
You need to do 2 reg edits for screen sensitivity, set both to 500

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\TouchPanel\PressureThre shold

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings\Finge r Pressure

Use the advanced config app to set scrollbar Vert width and Horiz scrollbar height, I use 22.

You can get a different back or Dye it Black like I did to mine the first day, takes 15 minutes and it looks so sweet.(not my pic) http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46487

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond