PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Is anybody using the Mugen 3000mah battery? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68596)

jmz768 05-14-2009 05:03 PM

Is anybody using the Mugen 3000mah battery?

I just got mine in the mail today an oh man, this this is a beast. There doesn't seem to be any active threads on extended batteries but there must be people here using this or a similar one. Anybody have any thoughts to share?

biggaboo 05-14-2009 08:33 PM

Re: Is anybody using the Mugen 3000mah battery?

How thick is your diamond now and does it work?

sprintnerd 05-14-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmz768 (Post 915324)
I just got mine in the mail today an oh man, this this is a beast. There doesn't seem to be any active threads on extended batteries but there must be people here using this or a similar one. Anybody have any thoughts to share?

There is a thread about this battery, I participated in it. However the batt. is awesome for what it is, I all ways keep it on stand by. Do a search for more info. :twisted:

Biker1 05-14-2009 11:05 PM

I carry an OEM standard battery as a back up for my Diamond.I didn't get the high capacity battery because I didn't want to make my Diamond fat as I carry it in my pocket and it fits there just fine :)

caleb02 05-14-2009 11:11 PM

4 Attachment(s)
i did get it and it is about 1/4" thicker then normal and make it look really really fat. Also the camera does not have a plastic shield on it on the outside or the inside like the normal htc cover does. The battery does seem to last longer but I would also buy atleast 3 or 4 of them if you plan on doing alot of music and video.. with a few calls and 5 hours or more hours of music i can get thru the day....

jmz768 05-14-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggaboo (Post 915775)
How thick is your diamond now and does it work?

The new back is basically double the size of the stock one. The phone is definitely a brick with this battery but the new back is pretty good quality and the phone looks good, even with the added bulk. I haven't been able to really give it a good test as of yet but I have been able to confirm that GPS does work. I can still comfortably carry the phone in my front pocket so it looks like this battery is a keeper.

MrObvious 05-15-2009 12:41 AM

Hmm I'm thinking of getting one because I text so heavy my battery lowers to 20% by the time I am halfway through the day hehe.

jjairal 05-15-2009 12:10 PM

i got the 1500 mah one from seidio. it works but dont see much differance in bat life. it also doesnt fit as snug as the original, it can fall out without the back cover if u move it too much. But the phone size is unchanged.

popasmurfn25 05-15-2009 12:48 PM

I cant believe no has said this " Its about as fat as a touch pro" the end, Battery life on it is so much better, Feels like im not gonna drop my pone anymore cuz theres more to hold.

rafyrod 05-15-2009 02:22 PM

i using it, i bought mine in february and work like a charm, it last me two full day with heavy use.
one problem i was having was using the app from htcADDICTS "clean ram" and was killing the battery really fast other than that is great thick but great.

OrBy 05-15-2009 03:58 PM

I picked up the OEM 1800mah extended battery (the one with the hump) and have been using it for about a week so far without issue. I have never been able to drop it past 60% over a days use so far so it finally gives me some peace of mind that my phone wont be dead when I need it. I normally am at 30% or worse if I don't charge my phone during the day with the standard battery. If you dig around you can grab em for $70+/- shipped witch I think is a resonable price for a real HTC/UTSTARCOM part.

Yes GPS works fine with it.
The hump is only over the battery area - the rest is as slim as the normal battery cover.
No lense cover - great for clear pictures but only if you keep the lense free of dust.

rafyrod 05-15-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrBy (Post 917312)
I picked up the OEM 1800mah extended battery (the one with the hump) and have been using it for about a week so far without issue. I have never been able to drop it past 60% over a days use so far so it finally gives me some peace of mind that my phone wont be dead when I need it. I normally am at 30% or worse if I don't charge my phone during the day with the standard battery. If you dig around you can grab em for $70+/- shipped witch I think is a resonable price for a real HTC/UTSTARCOM part.

Yes GPS works fine with it.
The hump is only over the battery area - the rest is as slim as the normal battery cover.
No lense cover - great for clear pictures but only if you keep the lense free of dust.

can you post picture if you dont mind....