PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   I get a new Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68582)

dgreen1 05-14-2009 02:25 PM

I get a new Diamond

SO I took my phone to a sprint repair shop to get my stylist magnet fixed. The tech didn't take the phone apart at all just took the battery out. He then applied glue to the magnet and attempted to put it back in place. He calls me up to the desk and informs me that the "stylist" is in but does slide in and out very easily. Definitely not like it was before. He also got glue all over the screen. So he said they will order me a new phone for free. I had a nasty scratch on the screen so this makes me happy.

Curb71 05-14-2009 04:02 PM

Re: I get a new Diamond

thank you for your story of the day. let me know how dinner is tonight too.

phonics2 05-14-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curb71 (Post 915186)

lmao!

dgreen1 05-14-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curb71 (Post 915186)

Dinner - Well I had an early dinner. I had grilled chicken breast with a side of rice and corn. I like to make this special marinade that makes the chicken tender and tasteful. Since I'm a nice guy I will let you know the recipe.

Chicken Marinade
1 Cup Mayo
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Red Wine

Let the Breasts marinate for 1-2 days

Anyways it was really good and I can not wait to have it again.

By the way, Tell your mother I have leftovers if she's hungry!

nxtech3 05-14-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgreen1 (Post 915248)
Dinner - Well I had an early dinner. I had grilled chicken breast with a side of rice and corn. I like to make this special marinade that makes the chicken tender and tasteful. Since I'm a nice guy I will let you know the recipe.

Chicken Marinade
1 Cup Mayo
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Red Wine

Thanks for the recipe, just think first PPCGeeks T-Shirts, now PPCGeeks Cookbook!!!!

Anywho, no reason to start a flame war, you both got your retorts in, leave it at that. Welcome to PPCGeeks by the way.

Atomic2Mod 05-14-2009 04:52 PM

LMAO!! this made a dreary day worthwhile!

piscesjoey 05-14-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgreen1 (Post 915248)

Chicken Marinade
1 Cup Mayo
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Red Wine

Mind shipping me a plate to Delaware? :mrgreen:

Biker1 05-14-2009 08:09 PM

The poor chicken.....remind me not to reincarnate and come back as one :)Regarding your replacement Diamond, the same thing happened to me a few months ago. A piece got dislodged from the Diamond and it was the magnet. I tried to friction fit it back in to no avail. The Sprint rep at the store replaced it with a New Diamond :)Just recently my screen separated and I had to have it replaced. This time with a refurbished Diamond which is fine. I really like the Diamond, especially with the updated stock ROM and Radio (If you are using the stock ROM and Radio, make sure you have the latest versions installed which is 2.00 and 1.11 respectively) ,but it appears that there are well known construction issues with the Diamond as I have mentioned.

piscesjoey 05-14-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker1 (Post 915735)
The poor chicken.....remind me not to reincarnate and come back as one :)Regarding your replacement Diamond, the same thing happened to me a few months ago. A piece got dislodged from the Diamond and it was the magnet. I tried to friction fit it back in to no avail. The Sprint rep at the store replaced it with a New Diamond :)Just recently my screen separated and I had to have it replaced. This time with a refurbished Diamond which is fine. I really like the Diamond, especially with the updated stock ROM and Radio (If you are using the stock ROM and Radio, make sure you have the latest versions installed which is 2.00 and 1.11 respectively) ,but it appears that there are well known construction issues with the Diamond as I have mentioned.

Wow ur screen separated? Thats crazy, can't even imagine lol

Biker1 05-14-2009 08:55 PM

I have a thread from awhile ago about the separation issue. It started out as a small rectangle approximately 1" x 2"in the center of the screen which looked like oil on water. It was not on the surface but under the Touch layer. It did not affect the display of the pictures or text on the screen but you could see this oil and water effect at different angles. During the next 2 months, the rectangle got progressively larger until the Touch Screen completely failed. It is a known separation issue of the layers that make up the Touch screen composite. HTC is aware of it as well as Sprint. This issue also occurs on other touch screen devices and not just HTC. To the op....Sorry about the temporary hijacking :)