PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

motohero5711 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help with getting Sprint Diamond on Verizon

This forum has been very helpful information for getting the Sprint Diamond on Verizon, but for some reason I'm stuck at this point...

I've done a lot of reading on this topic, so I'm just going to put down what I've done so far and hopefully someone can help me out

First... for some reason I'm not able to access this thread
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20090
which is linked to on a few other threads so it must be pretty important. It says "you do not have permission to access this page". So if that has all my answers...It's unfortunate I can't view it

...anyways here's what I've done (mind you spent about 4 hours)

- Tried a ton of things to get the MSL....eventually tried the registry log hack, and was able to get it.

- Loaded the most recent (from Corolada) Verizon PRL using ##PRL#

- Changed the service code to '000000' using QPST (which took almost an hour to troubleshoot because I didn't realize I needed to install the modem driver to get it to detect)

So, that's basically where I'm at. I've got the roaming cone and "Perferred System" on the left. I dial *228 option 3, computer tells me they can't activate it. It then tries to transfer me to a rep, but eventually I get disconnected. I've read posts where this is all people have done and it worked...so I'm not sure where I'm hung up at. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:06 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Need help with getting Sprint Diamond on Verizon

Is the ESN activated with them? It won't work if it isn't.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

hachiroku is just getting started

this has been disabled per verizon. i recieved the same message as did others a few weeks ago.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

motohero5711 is a n00b

What's been disabled?

...so what do I need to do to get this thing working? They have to add the ESN to the database?
Old 04-21-2009, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint diamond
Carrier: verizon

wavez is becoming a great contributor

Verizon closed the loophole which allows you to activate a phone that is not in the device database by using *223/3. That thread as well has been closed.

I've seen someone suggest that you can go to a third party cellphone provider in the mall and have them activate it for you, but I'm not sure if anyone has done this. Those mall kiosks apparently have the ability to add a device. I doubt this is possibly, but its worth a try before you give up.

Folks have also tried to call in to tech support to have their device added to the database, but I don't believe this has been working lately.

Cloning the MEID/ESN from another verizon phone might be your last option. This is illegal though and you wont find much information about this on ppcgeeks.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

motohero5711 is a n00b

This is definitely dissappointing...

I had one last idea just now, I contacted the guy that I got my last phone from 2 years ago. He's the coolest and best sales rep I've ever dealt with. I hadn't talked to him for 2 years, but I did have his number...I contacted him and he happened to be working there still.
I told him my sob story and he tried to add it to the system.
He said he tried adding it but anything he punched in ESN..MEID.. it said it was invalid for their system and esn not found. He said "it might be possible in the future but for right now it just wont work, sorry man"

So...hmm...I haven't given up yet..but I'm thinking this is not going to work..
Old 04-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

motohero5711 is a n00b

UPDATE: One of my techie friends thought maybe the ESN was bad, and he happens to be a Sprint customer. He called Sprint to ask if the MEID was valid...apparently the seller never released the phone from her account. I shot her an email, and sure enough she forgot to do this stuff. She called them and I verified through my friend calling Sprint again that the MEID was cleared.

-- Since then I have not done anything except the *228 Option 3..which of course failed. Does the fact the Sprint ESN was not cleared have any reason why the verizon guy couldnt add it?

I could try contacting him again to have him try to add it... what do you guys think?
Or i could call tech support and bug them to death until they add it.
It's just annoying that there should be no reason why this shouldn't work considering people have done it before when *228/3 was working.

Any helpful comments would be appreciated.

Last idea....if I went out and bought an Alltel Diamond, would it activate just fine? Or would I end up having the same problems....
Old 04-21-2009, 11:37 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

*228 doesn't work. What's so hard to realize about that?
Old 04-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

motohero5711 is a n00b

...yes, I realize *228 doesn't work. My question was if I would have any better luck with Verizon if I was activating an Alltel branded phone..
Old 04-22-2009, 01:50 AM
I see you have a PPC.

I think it would be about the same.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond