PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Extracting files from a ROM (NBH) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68396)

p2k 05-13-2009 12:30 AM

Extracting files from a ROM (NBH)

I accidentally overwrote a system file, and was wondering if there is any way to extract it from the original ROM files.?

Trying to avoid reflashing.

Any ideas?

btw I am looking for HTCMenus.bmp from Juicys 7 ROM... its located in \windows\ if anyone has it handy...

indagroove 05-13-2009 01:36 AM

Re: Extracting files from a ROM (NBH)

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by p2k (Post 911915)
I accidentally overwrote a system file, and was wondering if there is any way to extract it from the original ROM files.?

Any ideas?

btw I am looking for HTCMenus.bmp from Juicys 7 ROM... its located in \windows\ if anyone has it handy...

You can decompile ROMs with prepit, but here's a Blue HTCMenus.bmp attached.

p2k 05-13-2009 03:03 AM

Thanks for the file... but I was hoping to get the original...

Wow Prepit took me 40 mins to figure out what the hell was going on... and eventually figured it out...

tobeychris 05-13-2009 07:49 AM

lol, all you needed to do was run the batch!

scrosler 05-13-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p2k (Post 911915)

Any ideas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by indagroove (Post 911999)
You can decompile ROMs with prepit, but here's a Blue HTCMenus.bmp attached.

Couldnt he have just delted the file he overwrite restoring the original if the original was cooked in?

indagroove 05-13-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrosler (Post 913569)
Couldnt he have just delted the file he overwrite restoring the original if the original was cooked in?

Sure, if it was a cab install, but not if he overwrote it with Total Commander or something. The question was how to decompile a rom. The answer is with prepit. Now he knows how to do something new.

Curb71 05-14-2009 07:00 AM

wow. this got confusing for the average peon quick...so back to the op. Or at least what I thought he was asking is something Im looking for too. I want to remove files from a ROM I flashed but it says I cannot delete it cause its in the ROM memory. Is there a program that will allow me to override this? I was unable to find a ROM extractor doing a simple search at this site.

indagroove 05-14-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curb71 (Post 914331)
wow. this got confusing for the average peon quick...so back to the op. Or at least what I thought he was asking is something Im looking for too. I want to remove files from a ROM I flashed but it says I cannot delete it cause its in the ROM memory. Is there a program that will allow me to override this? I was unable to find a ROM extractor doing a simple search at this site.

with prepit, you can extract (not remove) files from the ruu_signed.nbh file (the rom before you flash it). Search for prepit.