PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 05:43 PM
bigbilal04

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Diamond Resets by itself help!!!!!!

i have just recently gotten a new diamond. Sometimes the phone works just fine. But sometimes i answer a phone call, and my phone just reboots. This problem is getting very annoying. Also sometimes i try to make a call and it says connected, but the person never gets the call to them. This is very frustrating. I dunno if this is hardware related, im using the stock sprint rom, and i did clear storage 2 times to try to fix it, and its not working.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue/diamond/hero/evo
Carrier: sprint

trakas is keeping up the good worktrakas is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond Resets by itself help!!!!!!

Hard reset,or even flash with fresh sprint stock rom from here ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Stock%20R...nt_Shipped.rar
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:41 PM
bigbilal04

after complete flash, its still does it. should i switch rom? or does this sound hardware related?

Last edited by bigbilal04; 12-30-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:38 PM
bigbilal04

anyone else have this problem where your diamond turns off after recieving or making calls
Old 12-30-2008, 10:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: MetroPCS

k0rvan is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbilal04 View Post
anyone else have this problem where your diamond turns off after recieving or making calls
Sure mine did, and i posted the same question here, like 4 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago the answer, (dont forget the search button) anyways, flashing the radio rom solve my problem, im using the official sprint Touch Pro radio, i suggest you flash from the internal memory, that way you wont loose any info (no hard reset). Keep us posted on the result.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:13 AM
bigbilal04

you could put touch pro radio on diamond? Can you please send me the link for the rom u flashed too.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbilal04 View Post
i have just recently gotten a new diamond. Sometimes the phone works just fine. But sometimes i answer a phone call, and my phone just reboots. This problem is getting very annoying. Also sometimes i try to make a call and it says connected, but the person never gets the call to them. This is very frustrating. I dunno if this is hardware related, im using the stock sprint rom, and i did clear storage 2 times to try to fix it, and its not working.
If i were you brother, I would not bother flashing any roms, I would just bring it back and get a New Diamond
Old 12-31-2008, 10:49 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40609

Be aware, you must unlock your device before flashing any of the radios in that thread. Those are just for the radio upgrade itself, you are not flashing a new rom. I would personally suggest that you just try flashing a new ROM instead and see if it resolves your issue. Two names to consider, Juicy and MightyMike. Check on rom info in the HTC Diamond Upgrades section.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:51 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
If i were you brother, I would not bother flashing any roms, I would just bring it back and get a New Diamond
Excuse my differing opinion. I was typing at the same time you were. Yeah take it back if you dont wanna take the time to learn all the stuff that is involved with flashing.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:55 PM
bigbilal04

YAY i just put the sprint radio on from the link provided by kbusen.I havent had any problems yet today. Lets see how the day holds up. Im pretty sure its working though. Once again thanks for the suppport ppcgeeks.

P.s. i kno how to flash, ive been using the ppc's for a while now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond