PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Strange ICS issue

I've got a strange ICS issue I need help resolving.

Here lies the problem...

I have the tether fix cab file on my phone and i can tether on my laptop running XP, and my friends laptop running Vista. For some strange reason, on my laptop i recently got (which runs vista), i cannot get tethering to work. When i try to connect, internet explorer on my laptop says, "internet explorer cannot display the webpage." no matter which site i try to access, whether it be yahoo, msn, etc, i cant get online. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this fixed? From my problems not being able to access the net on this one laptop, i think it has to do with the laptop, do i need to do something different to be able to tether?

To whoever can assist me with my issue, i thank you for your time!
Old 05-11-2009, 12:53 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Strange ICS issue

Have you loaded windows mobile device center on the new laptop? You need to load that up and connect once first so you're drivers are there.

Also, on my vista laptop I have to turn off wifi or it will not let me surf with the phone as ics. It is like the lappy is confused if it should be looking for wifi places or listening to my phone.

BrennB
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor

"Also, on my vista laptop I have to turn off wifi or it will not let me surf with the phone as ics. It is like the lappy is confused if it should be looking for wifi places or listening to my phone."

That worked like a charm...turned off my wifi and back in action!!!!

Thanks!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Weird huh? But it def works! Glad you're up in action!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond