PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

vwman18 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vwman18 Send a message via MSN to vwman18 Send a message via Yahoo to vwman18
Running out of memory

I got swapped to a Diamond from my old Touch due to a bad screen on the old phone. I'm running the stock Sprint v2.0 ROM and after installing most of my old programs, I'm left with only 5mb in storage memory! This was not a problem on the Touch, I recall there being more memory left. Either way, I wasn't getting "Memory Low" messages like I am now. I made sure to install everything to Internal Storage (just as I did with the Storage Card on the old phone), but it seems like some programs are installing into Main Memory anyway. Is there some way around this? I tried hard resetting and then skipping the customizations of the stock ROM (in hopes of clearing out some memory), but it keeps restarting the Windows install if I reset before the customizations.

Maybe I'll just try MightyROM.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Running out of memory

Yeah the new v2 doesn't let us skip customizations.
Be sure you have your mail/messages stored on internal storage, your opera cache, all attachments and such. There are a few other tricks you can do. Good Luck!

BrennB
Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Just forget the stock rom, and flash to a custom one. The stock rom has less than 50MB left after customizations, and much of what's in there is garbage.

With the right custom ROM, you can have available memory that looks like this:

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

and use CleanRAM. its great.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=514333
Old 05-13-2009, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

And ClearTemp over here>Download ClearTemp

Last edited by Biker1; 05-13-2009 at 08:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond