PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung I8000L
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wifi Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
With that in mind I'm gonna move this to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz
TYVM for the move and also kidFromBigD :
Quote:
Alright, I think I'm understanding a bit better.

Reading the last few posts re: cracking WEP with IV's and WPA/WPA2 with bruteforce and dictionaries made me wonder if http://forums.remote-exploit.org had taken over.

Best way to help is to direct you to user wyze. I took a brutal smack-down beating from him recently in this thread by saying porting backtrack to a smartphone was a dead dream. Apparently he has tried and seen some success. Perhaps this individual can answer your questions?
I checked out a few similar threads, imho there are easier ways to do what these people want than porting an entire linux distro to our ppc/running android etc. One of the ways would be having fully functional winmo driver software. I think I've seen some of these apps running on a diamond. I think with the right type of drivers I could even have hidden AP's that aren't broadcasting their ssid's listed as unknowns (like my own) in winmo though I think that depends on winmo's networking capabilities too or might require additional software. He does mention phones using the acx chipset which I beleive the diamond is one of. Anyone aware of a driver for another phone that uses this chipset and supports a few more features than basic wlan connections? off to google
Old 05-11-2009, 04:24 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

While it's true that packate sniffing can be used for legitimate things, it's also true that 95% of the time when people ask about packate sniffing, it's for illegal purposes.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
While it's true that packate sniffing can be used for legitimate things, it's also true that 95% of the time when people ask about packate sniffing, it's for illegal purposes.
Judgement call I guess, basically I feel that I got judged and found guilty for asking about driver versions for wlan/wifi on my diamond.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

wog13 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
You young'erns aren't gonna make any friends around here smack talking to a senior, influential member of the community like Indagroove.
Well, he isn't wrong that groove's "he's trying to hijack people's wifi!!!" was an unwarranted reaction to a simple question about promiscuous mode drivers. There are legitimate purposes; I was just sniffing my own connection a few days ago to make sure my tunneling setup was working and the browser wasn't leaking dns.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:58 PM
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wog13 View Post
Well, he isn't wrong that groove's "he's trying to hijack people's wifi!!!" was an unwarranted reaction to a simple question about promiscuous mode drivers. There are legitimate purposes; I was just sniffing my own connection a few days ago to make sure my tunneling setup was working and the browser wasn't leaking dns.
OK, I was wrong -- I admit it. He might have been using it for legit purposes.

Bongs, uh I mean waterpipes, can be used for legit purposes too.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
OK, I was wrong -- I admit it. He might have been using it for legit purposes.

Bongs, uh I mean waterpipes, can be used for legit purposes too.

I think maybe we were both wrong. I'm sorry, I also over reacted, you're sorry, everyones sorry but anyone got any info on good drivers that will let us tap into more of the potential of these cards in our diamonds? IMO cracking wifi on a cell is a little bit off but who knows if injection were working and such. My main concern at the moment is being able to detect hidden networks that aren't broadcasting their ssid, much like you can with kismet/airmon in nix but then you can toss your card into monitor mode. I tried wifi hitchhiker? and a few similar types of software and while they're good for picking up and connecting to ap's that are broadcasting they don't seem to be able to pick up ap's that aren't. I would figure airscanner/any packet cap app, since it seems mainly that packet capture apps want to put your card into monitor mode would be the best thing to ask about. I haven't really been able to find much info on devices using similar chipsets but fully functional driver software yet, but if I do you know I will post it here hoping that chef's realize how kick *** it would be to be able to run whatever app you wanted to download as long as it was for your platform.

EDIT: I love your roms by the way, but they're sprint only aren't they? Any chance you could switch to a generic release and have people grab carrier cabs? FSCKING telus at the moment here ... I guess I could ask the same of all chefs but that would be a thread in and of itself.

Last edited by Willis111; 05-12-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:04 PM
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis111 View Post
I think maybe we were both wrong. I'm sorry, I also over reacted, you're sorry, everyones sorry but anyone got any info on good drivers that will let us tap into more of the potential of these cards in our diamonds? IMO cracking wifi on a cell is a little bit off but who knows if injection were working and such. My main concern at the moment is being able to detect hidden networks that aren't broadcasting their ssid, much like you can with kismet/airmon in nix but then you can toss your card into monitor mode. I tried wifi hitchhiker? and a few similar types of software and while they're good for picking up and connecting to ap's that are broadcasting they don't seem to be able to pick up ap's that aren't. I would figure airscanner/any packet cap app, since it seems mainly that packet capture apps want to put your card into monitor mode would be the best thing to ask about. I haven't really been able to find much info on devices using similar chipsets but fully functional driver software yet, but if I do you know I will post it here hoping that chef's realize how kick *** it would be to be able to run whatever app you wanted to download as long as it was for your platform.

EDIT: I love your roms by the way, but they're sprint only aren't they? Any chance you could switch to a generic release and have people grab carrier cabs? FSCKING telus at the moment here ... I guess I could ask the same of all chefs but that would be a thread in and of itself.
I think WiFiFoFum will do what you need.

My roms are made for sprint, but users of other providers (including Telus) have reported using my roms fine. I don't make a generic rom, because internet sharing never works with the generic package. It might work after installing the Sprint OMC, but I'm a sprint user, so I make roms for my phone. You could just download my base, and build one for your carrier. I have the base and a howto in post 4 of the grooverom thread.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond

Astrak is just getting started

So if I understand right a sniffer program can decipher an AES protocol? I have reasons to disagree but would like to know different opinions.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrak View Post
So if I understand right a sniffer program can decipher an AES protocol? I have reasons to disagree but would like to know different opinions.

No man, a sniffer can help you detect networks you can't normally see or help you gather packets for decryption later on. IMO you want to crack a wep key or wpa/wpa2 or even get more info on the subject you should go to google and type "howto crack wep/wpa". I gave someone a brief recap on cracking wep when they said the same thing about "drivers doing the cracking". There is no software available for ppc that will crack wep, and if you actually think about it ... how would carrying your ppc out with you, grabbing even all the IVS you would need to crack a wep, running home to decrypt them and then running back out to use the AP going to do any good at all? I think that being able to capture packets with our devices is something we should be able to do with the correct drivers given the hardware and being able to set my card into monitor would be pretty handy at times, which we should also be able to do given the hardware in our devices.

EDIT: Maybe a little clearer explanation. If you want to crack wep go to ****ing google. If you want to know about drivers for your ppc that support the best range of functions I would assume that you would look here/xda/google for the info. The reason I ask "does anyone know of a device driver that supports this app(airscanner sniffer)" is that the way the driver controls the card for those apps is slightly differnt than the way our current drivers control our hardware. Maybe using the app as example made things more confusing when it should have just cleared up everything right away "ohh, he's looking for drivers that support monitor mode" instead of "gtfo out hacker, we don't crack intarwebz around here LOL!!!~1"

THIS ISN'T A WEP CRACKING FORUM OR A WEP CRACKING THREAD. PLEASE STOP TRYING TO HIJACK MY ****/GO USE GOOGLE! This is a forum/thread for information on available device drivers and their support for commonly used functions.

Last edited by Willis111; 05-13-2009 at 08:34 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond