PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint model)
Carrier: Cricket

ejdavis72 is keeping up the good workejdavis72 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a very fast but stable 6.1 ROM out there???

Every ROM I try has bugs and is unstable in one way or another. I have done all the tricks like clear storage, flashed to "shipped", format internal storage and hard reset after flash. They all develop bugs. I just want to know in your experience from flashing ROMs which one was the quickest and most stable. I don't care if it has the standard manila, HD or rhodium I just need a fast yet stable ROM. Seems to me that anything that is cooked with Calkulins kitchen has ringtone issues and is unstable but they are very quick so that's probably the same reason why the mighty ROM has ringer issues too. The ROM that I had to revert back to was made by toO from xda devopers and howard forums and it is very stable but not all that quick but it is faster than stock ROM. Any ideas? I think someone else posted something kind of like this but i think it got overlooked and long gone by now.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: Is there a very fast but stable 6.1 ROM out there???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejdavis72 View Post
Every ROM I try has bugs and is unstable in one way or another. I have done all the tricks like clear storage, flashed to "shipped", format internal storage and hard reset after flash. They all develop bugs. I just want to know in your experience from flashing ROMs which one was the quickest and most stable. I don't care if it has the standard manila, HD or rhodium I just need a fast yet stable ROM. Seems to me that anything that is cooked with Calkulins kitchen has ringtone issues and is unstable but they are very quick so that's probably the same reason why the mighty ROM has ringer issues too. The ROM that I had to revert back to was made by toO from xda devopers and howard forums and it is very stable but not all that quick but it is faster than stock ROM. Any ideas? I think someone else posted something kind of like this but i think it got overlooked and long gone by now.
Most of what you ask is very subjective ... quick to one, is not quick to another ... the same with stability. You didn't tell us which carrier you're with ... if Sprint (as most on these forums are), then there are a couple that will fill the bill quite nicely. Old Man Jenkins has produced several to choose from.

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Users/OMJ/ROMs/

Tersoth also has a 6.1 rom based on the Alltel theme, which is quite good.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61767

And lastly, DryBonz uses Calcu's kitchen ... his attention to detail is the best. Currently has a hybrid available 6.1/6.5, and it's very good.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64840
Old 05-10-2009, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint model)
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

ejdavis72 is keeping up the good workejdavis72 is keeping up the good work

Yes you are right it is subjective. I want it to be quick like Calkulins ROMs but stable like the ROM I am using now, It never needs soft resets, hard resets, has no issues with things just not working sometimes and then sometimes they do, it is very stable and I know that my phone will ring when I get a phone call. I could run this ROM for 2 weeks straight without one soft reset. Oh and I am on Cricket. Any ROM out there like that??? I can do the regedits to make it work with Cricket so it is not a problem who's phone service it is. Thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

+1 for Calkulin's
Old 05-11-2009, 01:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejdavis72 View Post
Yes you are right it is subjective. I want it to be quick like Calkulins ROMs but stable like the ROM I am using now, It never needs soft resets, hard resets, has no issues with things just not working sometimes and then sometimes they do, it is very stable and I know that my phone will ring when I get a phone call. I could run this ROM for 2 weeks straight without one soft reset. Oh and I am on Cricket. Any ROM out there like that??? I can do the regedits to make it work with Cricket so it is not a problem who's phone service it is. Thanks
Try OMJ's ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond