PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 10:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

xzjn9p is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone keeps waking up - killing battery

I've had this problem for a few weeks now. My phone will wake up the backlight and then turn itself off after a minute (per my battery settings). None of my notifications light the screen. I've done countless soft resets and hard resets. I've reflashed rom and upgraded rom (Mighty 4.7 to 4.8 to R3born)

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have nothing special installed, just garmin, finger keyboard 2.1, tsowen taskbar, diamond tweak, and TF3D config.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint model)
Carrier: Cricket

ejdavis72 is keeping up the good workejdavis72 is keeping up the good work
Re: Phone keeps waking up - killing battery

Try holding your phone on all four corners and give it a little twist one way and then the other and see if it wakes up. If it does then you probably have something wrong in the phone.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sounds like a Gremlin Maybe time to go to the nearest Sprint store and get a replacement. Just show the Rep the problem and you will get a free replacement as long as the phone is under the 1 year warranty. If not, then you will just pay the deductible (as long as you have insurance) but the Diamond has been out less than a year so you will be fine.

Last edited by Biker1; 05-10-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro cdma
Carrier: sprint

eq0120 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzjn9p View Post
I've had this problem for a few weeks now. My phone will wake up the backlight and then turn itself off after a minute (per my battery settings). None of my notifications light the screen. I've done countless soft resets and hard resets. I've reflashed rom and upgraded rom (Mighty 4.7 to 4.8 to R3born)

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have nothing special installed, just garmin, finger keyboard 2.1, tsowen taskbar, diamond tweak, and TF3D config.
i've been having the same problem, i did a soft reset and it stopped for a couple of weeks but it started back up again, i gues i might need to do a replacement also
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you have the original stock ROM and Radio, try upgrading to the new versions, 2.00 and 1.11 respectively. But may as well get a replacement and check that the new versions are downloaded, especially if you are running stock.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sanvara is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzjn9p View Post

This is a common issue. There's nothing wrong with the phone. I have the same problem. It might have do with the phone switching back and forth between 1x and EVDO signals in certain areas. I had the same problem with my HTC touch too. Anyone have a fix for this for the diamond?
Old 05-11-2009, 08:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Threadstarter

xzjn9p is just getting started

well if its common its pretty annoying. Its not a physical device problem and i'm not using the stock rom or radio. It might be a service thing but there should be a way to disable wakeup when the phone switches between evdo and 1x
Old 05-11-2009, 10:59 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just leave it in 1x if you live in a poor signal area. Do a search for a thread by me called "Texting and Battery Life" and I think INTX posted a cab that uses a Mortscript to switch it. Also enable it in the registry key mentioned there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond