PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

diamondcanopy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Most stable 6.5 ROM?

Hi guys, I'm thinking about flashing my sprint issued diam500, as the stock system really is total crap. I've been most interested in Shaks 6.1 ROM due to the emphasis on stability - though am intrigued by the idea of running WM 6.5.

What are some opinions on what is currently the most stable 6.5 ROM? How stable are we talking?

Sorry to bust out this total noob question, but I assumed that a search would be somewhat useless since these things are updated so frequently.

Thanks in advance,

Canopy
Old 05-09-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

zplit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to zplit Send a message via MSN to zplit Send a message via Yahoo to zplit
Re: Most stable 6.5 ROM?

Wowow i say is better for you to try different ones and see which one works better for
you... im on G5 wwe which is real stable and fast as well... but like i say theres some many roms.... i mean i flash my phone so many time that i cant even remember so just look aroung and see what you like.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:47 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm not gonna say one is more stable or better than another, but I wouuld recommend that you start with trying one of Indagroove's roms - SimpleROM or Grooverom 4. Before I started cooking my own I was using his. He makes a pretty good rom... and they are Sprint specific which is a plus for you.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:06 PM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, Nook Color, Xoom Wifi

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you want to have a lite ROM and install your own programs to internal storage I would recommend indagrooves "SimpleROM".

If you like more programs preinstalled then try any others. They are all relatively stable (remember, 6.5 is still beta) so you can't go too wrong with any of them.

Of course, learning to make your own using Calc's Kitchens is a LOT of fun too!

EDIT: Is Shak's ROM a CDMA Diamond ROM??? You may be in the wrong forum.

Last edited by watzone69; 05-09-2009 at 03:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

*Insert generic comment about trying them out and deciding which is best for you*
Old 05-09-2009, 04:48 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
*Insert generic comment about trying them out and deciding which is best for you*
Will your rom work on the touch pro yet? lol...

Old 05-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

dgcombs is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Most stable 6.5 ROM?

After trying multiple versions of 6.5 ROM's I'm not sure there is a stable 6.5 ROM. As much as I love the features and Windows default Today screen, I'm about ready to put a 6.1 ROM back on my Diamond. I need it to work. As much fun as it is to play with various ROM configurations, I actually got this phone to be... well, a phone!

- Dan
Old 05-09-2009, 04:50 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Will your rom work on the touch pro yet? lol...
Here, install this cab and try it...
Old 05-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

ive been running soaa's edge rom for the past two weeks with no fuss.
i had some issues where the phone would reboot and hard reset itself but i flashed some other rom, clear storaged, then reflashed edge rom and i havent had a reboot or lock up in two weeks. ive only had to reset the phone once.

running 6.5, ive tottally gotten used to it.
i would recommend getting a rom with opera bookmarks and weather already installed.
soaa should consider this hint hint.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:51 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgcombs View Post
As much fun as it is to play with various ROM configurations, I actually got this phone to be... well, a phone!
What problems were you having with your phone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond