PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kikkinasphalt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
advice?

ok

i got an HTC diamond to replace my touch (sprint). so far i hate this phone. maybe im too used to the old touch still.
ive turned off the touch flo cause it was annoying (didnt like the way it worked).

there are a couple things i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on as i cant seem to find the solution on my own.

"message sent" notification.. how do i kill this..it drives me crazy** edit, found the solution for this, thank you search*

and i received a picture mail from my wife. i deleted it and yet on wakeup it still shows "picture mail" where the start menu should be. if i tap the screen it goes away. what am i doing wrong here?

any help that you can provide would be very apreciated

curt

Last edited by kikkinasphalt; 05-09-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: advice?

Why do you hate the phone? You just haven't experienced the power of a custom ROM. That said, the message sent is just a registry key. Download the program Advanced Config. As far as the MMS, I have no clue other then to maybe hard reset. You may want to try a custom ROM like MightyROM.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think TIME will resolve alot of your issues You are used to your previous device and with time, once you familiar yourself with the Diamond, I think you will enjoy it more than you do now. You need time to "play" with the Diamond to figure out its hidden secrets and to learn its operating system. Check out the ROM and Radio version to see what versions are installed on your Diamond and make sure they are up to date. The stock ROM should start with 2.00 and the stock Radio should be 1.11The updated versions make a huge difference in regards to smoothing out the operating system and increasing the battery life tremendously.
Oh yeah, regarding picturemail, see if there is a setting where you can tick a box so it does not run automatically on start up.

Last edited by Biker1; 05-09-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

kikkinasphalt is a n00b

thanks.

i found the fix for the annoying message sent crap. so ill do that when i get home tonight.

as for the pic mail and other roms. ill dig further into it tonight when i get home.

i have had the phone a week. and granted i have not given it much of a chance. i almost immediately turned off the touch flow as i didnt like the way it let me access things the way i was used to.

*shrug* guess its like any other phone.. it takes some getting used to.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:16 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if after time you hate tf3d then you should spb interface i hear its nice .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond