PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 03:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
IM Always Running in the Background?

Everytime I soft reset or turn my Diamond on/off, Instant Messaging runs in the background. I then have to stop it. It is a real pain. I don't even use it. Any suggestions on why this is happening? or how to stop it from automatically running?
UPDATE:I figured it out. For others with the same issue, open up the IM program; click on menu; click on global settings and untick the box that says run on start up.Funny thing is that I never ticked the box in the first place and IM didn't start running on start up until a couple of days ago. The box ticked itself

Last edited by Biker1; 05-09-2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Sulten is just getting started
Re: IM Always Running in the Background?

if its just like windows then try looking in the windows startup folder and see if that is there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: IM Always Running in the Background?

I already resolved the issue but your suggestion would have been a faster way to get to the root of the problem.Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond